Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Majestic MLB Jersey changes for 2016

This season Majestic is rolling out a new style of jersey as an on field authentic for teams. Some of you have already noticed. The new jersey is FLEX BASE over the previous COOL BASE. I am not sure of all of the changes right now but I have noticed the tucked in tail portion is a lighter material and the Majestic logo on the sleeve will also now say Majestic. Feel free to add any other differences if you have noticed them.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Re: Majestic MLB Jersey changes for 2016

Is this what you are talking about Russell? Here is a Yankees jersey with what appears to have a different material added to the rear tail of the jersey.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Absolutely hideous for collectors

Absolutely hideous for anyone who wears a jersey untucked. The retail authentics are the same way I believe.

Just Awful.

Guess we'll all be displaying jerseys front facing from now on.

they could have at least continued the pinstripe down into the tail if they were going to use a different material.. that looks horrendous. are all of the tails going to be white? even colored and grey jerseys? it probably wont be as noticeable for regular home white jerseys though.

If every jersey looks like this my bank account will be thrilled this season because I won't be buying any of these.

Quote Originally Posted by memorabiliaunlimited View Post
    they could have at least continued the pinstripe down into the tail if they were going to use a different material.. that looks horrendous. are all of the tails going to be white? even colored and grey jerseys? it probably wont be as noticeable for regular home white jerseys though.
    Colored jerseys match, mostly.. They're not white. Still have that dumb arc at the bottom though.

Quote Originally Posted by whoman View Post
    Is this what you are talking about Russell? Here is a Yankees jersey with what appears to have a different material added to the rear tail of the jersey.
    Yes that is it. It seems as if the pinstripe jerseys will be the worst looking because the pinstripe doesn't continue all the way down. The solid colors it isn't as noticeable on.

I did see that the retail authentic jerseys do have the same tail, but I also noticed it was harder than normal to find retail authentic jerseys than I had in the past. That may change as these become more readily available.

It won't really have any effect on me collecting because I collect based more on use than look and I don't display my jerseys, but I know some collect on look, use or both.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

In addition to the tail, the same mesh fabric will be used under arms, and it won't look very nice on pinstripes jerseys.

Other changes include using ChromaFlex MLB logos on uniforms, instead of the old embroidered ones, and a few teams switching to matte helmets.

The article linked below has a complete rundown of all the changes in uniforms by team. If you collect Padres and Diamondbacks, you will have many new styles to add to your collection.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/15...s-patches-more
    Attached Images Attached Images