Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pujols and Rolen Greed?

Interesting article on Pujols and Rolen not doing a card show because of $$$:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/printe...y-sports-print

Banned

Re: Pujols and Rolen Greed?

I personally don't care anything about any of these modern whiners.

Not a single one is worth anything near what they receive.

All of the best ball players are dead, or retired more then 30+ years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post

I agree 100%. Pujols is an arrogant jerk as evidenced by the way he handles himself on the field and the way he disrespected Ryan Howard after Howard won the NL MVP.

I'm not sure about Rolen as much but this story proves the obvious.

Tim

If it's in print, it must be true.
    Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

As far these two overpaid athletes ,shame , shame shame !!!! I ask just one ??? without professional sports where would all these players be. Bet they wouldn't be rich......More than half wouldn't even make it to college......Try working a regular job Puhole and Rollings..

Banned

[quote=stkmtimo;31738]I agree 100%. Pujols is an arrogant jerk as evidenced by the way he handles himself on the field and the way he disrespected Ryan Howard after Howard won the NL MVP.

I had an opportunity to meet Rolen twice when he was with the Phillies. I called in a favor and had a field pass. After Rolen was finished with B.P., I introduced myself and asked him to sign his rookie jersey and spikes. He looked at me as though I was from the moon! He made a face similar to when you vomit and smell it yourself! He shook his head in disbelief, and walked into the dugout. My freind asked his friend (coach John Vukovich) to help us. We gave both items to Vukovich, who took them into the clubhouse and had them signed.

What was interesting is the fact that the Diamondbacks were on the field, and I did not even realize who was standing next to me-Luis Gonzalez! I spoke with him for a brief minute, and he was as nice as could be! I told him I was a huge collector of game used equipment, and that I recently purchased his Tigers game worn helmet. He got a big laugh out of it.

I watched Rolen before, during and after BP while he was with the Phillies. He rarely signed. I also attended the ALCS auction, and visited him at his autograph station. Again, he looked as though he was pisse* off the entire time, and when I asked him to sign his rookie bat with "Rookie Gamer", he said, "Yah, right....." and refused.

After these two incidents, I sold everything of Rolen's.

Just my two cents worth.....

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

ALWAYS BUYING PHILLIES, PORTLAND BEAVERS AND PORTLAND MAVERICKS JERSEYS

According to the article, Tri-Star's VP said that they had problems with "a lot of the key players". Shame on Pujols, Rolen, and all the other players who would not lower their fees so Tri-Star could manufacture more World Series memorabilia to sell to the public for a profit. The least they can do is give us the opportunity to cough up $1,500 for a team-signed baseball.

The nerve of those players.
    Rob Steinmetz
    www.authenticgamers.com
    authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post

I am not so sure we can make a blanket statement like that for every player out there. For everything I have seen throughout their hof careers, both gentlemen recently elected the baseball hof, Cal Ripken and Tony Gwynn don't fit the mold described above. While rare, other current and or recently retired stars have not all proven to be jerks during and or after their careers. Just my two cents.
    Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

I have nothing but Praise for Certain Guys, Tony Gwynn is, & always will be my Favorite. Smart, Funny, & approachable. A True Gentleman, with a GOOD Attitude.
    I have friends that regularly get on the Field for Padres Games, & I hear Stories weekly, during the Season, about BAD Attitudes. I doubt some of these guys have ever Washed their own vehicle, or taken out the Garbage...
    You can have the 5000.00$ Gamers, from the "hype" Guys, I`ll pass, Thank you...
    Sean

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMan View Post
    I have nothing but Praise for Certain Guys, Tony Gwynn is, & always will be my Favorite. Smart, Funny, & approachable. A True Gentleman, with a GOOD Attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMan View Post
    I have friends that regularly get on the Field for Padres Games, & I hear Stories weekly, during the Season, about BAD Attitudes. I doubt some of these guys have ever Washed their own vehicle, or taken out the Garbage...
    You can have the 5000.00$ Gamers, from the "hype" Guys, I`ll pass, Thank you...
    Sean

Sean-
    I've always enjoyed watching Gwynn on and off the field, too. He always appeared to be enjoying himself, and is simply pure class. As such, I attended the New York Sports Writers Baseball Awards Dinner last Sunday evening. Both Ripken and Gwynn attended, and I almost could not believe how Gwynn has let himself turn into the Marshmallow Man. He must weigh 400+ pounds and looks nothing like he did during his final playing days in 2001. He looks just about the same as Orson Wells during his final years. If you happen to run into Gwynn on the field in 2007, I suggest you tell him to lay off the stadium hot dogs and nachos, and maybe focus on the Sushi, instead. WHEW!!!!!

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net