Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Game Used Hit Baseball Collection

Lakeerie92 and TBM, I apologize. I'm amazed. And I'm watching AT BAT to know and describe more about what a ball went through before it went out of play. MLB's last play description isn't enough. I'm describing 4x's more what happened then what they are. Syndergaard's ball wouldn't be 99 mph unless I watched the pitch before....

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    Lakeerie92 and TBM, I apologize. I'm amazed. And I'm watching AT BAT to know and describe more about what a ball went through before it went out of play. MLB's last play description isn't enough. I'm describing 4x's more what happened then what they are. Syndergaard's ball wouldn't be 99 mph unless I watched the pitch before....
    Nothing at all to apologize for. I thought it was funny that you are now so into them.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

I know. Here's one more. You know you may have a collecting problem when you find stuff you forgot you bought.
    But here's my example again; the MLB Authentication correctly states this baseball was thrown by Niese with Bourn hitting a single and Prado hitting a triple. Good enough for any game used baseball. But I went to MLB At Bat and found the game wasn't available (2011) but the Gameday was, and the inning by inning breakdown revealed the ball was also thrown by Thole to Justin Turner who tagged Bourn out in an attempt to steal second. I'm glad I found that out. I guess what's interesting about collecting baseballs, which I didn't realize, is that you can find out additional things that happened to the ball that wasn't listed (Eg: Did Jeter touch the ball? Did Syndergaard throw it 100mph? Is the fly out baseball caught by an all-star?). You find this out before the sale or auction's end and bid accordingly. So if one of Syndergaard's pitched baseballs are researched and found to have been thrown 100mph, I believe it to be worth more and the effort to get it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    I know. Here's one more. You know you may have a collecting problem when you find stuff you forgot you bought.
    But here's my example again; the MLB Authentication correctly states this baseball was thrown by Niese with Bourn hitting a single and Prado hitting a triple. Good enough for any game used baseball. But I went to MLB At Bat and found the game wasn't available (2011) but the Gameday was, and the inning by inning breakdown revealed the ball was also thrown by Thole to Justin Turner who tagged Bourn out in an attempt to steal second. I'm glad I found that out. I guess what's interesting about collecting baseballs, which I didn't realize, is that you can find out additional things that happened to the ball that wasn't listed (Eg: Did Jeter touch the ball? Did Syndergaard throw it 100mph? Is the fly out baseball caught by an all-star?). You find this out before the sale or auction's end and bid accordingly. So if one of Syndergaard's pitched baseballs are researched and found to have been thrown 100mph, I believe it to be worth more and the effort to get it.
    I sold that ball to you!
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Ha! Got any more?! Talk about funny.

Four Consecutive Trout Hits over a 4 game span. 2 Singles and 2 Doubles

CJMEZZ, those four are great. A fresh crop from this year.

And the hits keep on coming.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

I have noticed a lot of strike out balls become labeled as fouls to the screen or pitches in the dirt to the following batter.

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    I have noticed a lot of strike out balls become labeled as fouls to the screen or pitches in the dirt to the following batter.
    I can definitely attest to the fact that K baseballs are much harder to get than hits. Pitchers fairly commonly throw hits out of play because they don't want to use that baseball anymore. I talked to Andrew Cashner about it and joked with him that he should throw out all of the strike out baseballs and he said that I was crazy, those are the best baseballs and they want to keep using them. Third out K's get thrown in the stands by the catcher normally so the authenticators really have to be on their game to get strike out baseballs by following them through multiple at bats.
    Russell Wuerffel
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com