Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Re: Game Used Hit Baseball Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    Very good about the green stripe.
    Thanks, I was very fortunate to watch this in-person and purchase the ball about 2 hours later. It hit squarely on the top of the wall, about 3 inches long enough to be a home run.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedescott View Post
    Thanks, I was very fortunate to watch this in-person and purchase the ball about 2 hours later. It hit squarely on the top of the wall, about 3 inches long enough to be a home run.
    All the more that it is now in the right hands. Excellent.

Added a few more Trouts

This ball was hit by Royals #2 prospect Hunter Dozier in his fourth MLB game on September 17, 2016 for his second career hit and his first career RBI. It was left in play and was hit by Jarrod Dyson for his 342 career hit. Both hits were singles.

Weird story about this ball was that it started out as Hunter Dozier's 3rd career hit and 2nd career RBI but a scoring change in the previous days game, 09/16/2016, changed Doziers second career hit to a "reached on error" erasing both the hit and RBI from that game and this one filled the void.

Hunter finished the 2016 season with four hits and one RBI.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I actually just purchased the bat he used to hit that ball last weekend. It was a pretty cool find once I found out he used it for his 2nd career hit and first RBI.

Ahhh man.... I've started searching for that bat. Was going to head to KC to see if I could track it down along with some others I'd like to have. Guess I don't have to search for it anymore.

Could you post some pics of it? Maybe in the Royals thread.

I know it gets said a lot but, if you ever want to sell keep me in mind.

I kind of lucked into it actually. We were in KC helping my brother move and I always try and go to GU stores of teams that I am near. The Royals were doing their pick a seat event for STH and just so happened that their authentics manager was there for appointments. I took a look around at the different bats and something told me to get this Hunter Dozier one. I know hes a top prospect and he only had a few games played in 2016. They had two of his, one broke on the 29th and one on the 17th, which is the one I picked up because it was his fourth game. So if you go there they may still have that one. Its the same style bat from the one he used the 17th just as an FYI.

I went back to the hotel that night and started doing some digging through getty and ap images and MLB.tv hoping that it might be from his MLB debut or first hit, but it doesn't appear to be from either. His MLB debut he used an Old Hickory and while the style of the bat from his first hit matches the Marucci I picked up, the markings are quiet there. I am assuming he probably kept both bats or someone else snatched them up. Then I took a look and saw that he clearly used this one for hit #2 and RBI #1 as the markings on the bat are exact. Made me pretty excited.

I will post pictures later tonight of it in the Royals thread. If I decide to sell I will let you know!

That's a great story. I love finding gems like that. Glad it found its way into the hands of a collector that did due dillegence to discover it's hidden value. It's near impossible to get anything earlier career than the bat he used for his second hit and first RBI. At this moment Hunter Dozier is the Royals #1 prospect since Raul Mondesi is no longer eligible to be ranked as a prospect. Hope he has a long successful career. Can't wait to see your pics.

Here is my best ball of the 2017 season so far. It’s a ball that was almost a Grand Slam but ended up being hit for 2 doubles and 4 RBIs and being the game winning hit.

On April 28 the Twins were playing the Royals at Kauffman Stadium when Miguel Sano came up to bat in the top of the 8th with the bases loaded against Joakim Soria in a game the Royals lead 4-2. Sano fouled off a pitch from Soria that struck the home plate umpire CB Bucknor on the facemask and was knocked out of the game. The game was on hold for six minutes as Bucknor was evaluated and assisted off the field and was replaced by one of the other umpires. The rest of the game was played being short by one umpire.

When the game resumed Sano crushed the first pitch from Soria, a hanging curveball, to left-center field. The ball hit the very top front corner of the outfield wall, bounced straight up and back onto the field of play. Sano ended up with a double (his 200th career hit and 45th career double) and 2 RBIs (138th career) while narrowly missing a Grand Slam. In fact the Twins challenged the call thinking that it should have been a Grand Slam but the call on the field was upheld. The ball remained in play and was pitched to Joe Mauer with runners on second and third and the score tied 4-4. Mauer hit Soria’s second pitch, another hanging curveball, down the right field line just staying fair. Mauer ended up with a double (his 1844th career hit and 369th career double) and 2 RBIs (812th career). It would be the game winning hit.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Awesome baseballs! I've been away for a bit and haven't purchased much. Something related to one of my best finds reminded me of the site and so I thought I'd stop in and see what's happening.

My best find is a game used hit baseball. It was a baseball that was hit for Jim Thome's final career hit. It was with the Orioles against the Red Sox in his final year.

I don't think I'll hold on to it forever. May wait until he gets elected into the HOF before I even think about selling. But maybe I'll keep it?