Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Game Used Hit Baseball Collection

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    I have noticed a lot of strike out balls become labeled as fouls to the screen or pitches in the dirt to the following batter.
    That's why researching a game used ball beyond the initial description will more often than not, reveal a lot more. Re:The Andrelton Simmons triple above was used in a strikeout the batter before, pitched at one point 99 mph, and was played by Stanton in the field(all not mention in the MLB authentication).

A couple questions...

I noticed none of the pictured hit balls are signed? Any particular reason?

I have a Paul Konerko hit ball. I want to have it inscribed "Hit # 2,204." Would you also add an "RBI # 1,351" inscription?

Quote Originally Posted by salukidave View Post
    A couple questions...

I have a Paul Konerko hit ball. I want to have it inscribed "Hit # 2,204." Would you also add an "RBI # 1,351" inscription?
    If you are going to have it signed and inscribed then I would definitely have them add the stats whether it be hits, RBIs or both.

I don't get baseballs signed because I don't care for signatures. The only items I have signed are only because they came that way with the exception of one item. I have never gotten onboard with signed items. Having an item that was used is great, I never saw value in having them write on it. I realize I am definitely in the minority on that one.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Swoboda4 View Post
    That's why researching a game used ball beyond the initial description will more often than not, reveal a lot more. Re:The Andrelton Simmons triple above was used in a strikeout the batter before, pitched at one point 99 mph, and was played by Stanton in the field(all not mention in the MLB authentication).
    I agree, for my benefit I have found several Chris Sale Strike out balls. I have even picked up one from his 1 hitter on mothers day in 12' or 13' cant remember the year I will have to look. It was actually labeled pitch in the dirt and the only pitch in the dirt was for strike 3. You could see on mlb tv that the catcher flipped it to the ball boy and got a new ball. I will write down who fouled it back and inning ect when I go to a game so I can try and pick it up later. I found a few last year from his 15K game against the cubs and one was a Bryant K.

Nothing too fancy. I found this while going through some of my items in storage and having previously browsed this thread thought I'd share. I've always enjoyed WBC game used items and have quite a few in my collection.

This is Team Netherlands first hit of the 2013 WBC. Which happened to be a double by Andruw Jones.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

One of my favorite Nationals, Ryan Zimmerman hit this Home Run Ball on 4/19/16 Marlins vs. Nationals. His 1st Home Run of 2016 and his 201st Home Run of his career. This capped of the 4 Home Run 7th inning right after Bryce Harper hit his 2nd grand-slam of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by salukidave View Post
    A couple questions...

Here you go:

From April 4th, 2016 Longoria's double off of RA Dickey:

I had my 15-yr old son pick out a game used/issued hat & ball in a bag at Target Field last night. Came with a game issued hat from Jose Martinez and a ball that had some awesome game use. I could tell it was more than just a foul ball back to the screen or a pitch in the dirt. When we got to our seats we looked up the hologram and it was an Albert Pujols single and then he scored on a triple by Howie Kendrick with the same ball. In doing additional research during the delay, we found out that this was actually Pujols' career hit 2,499. He would later add 2,500 in the same game. Not a bad pick up for $49.99.

excellent pick