Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

What kind of ball to sign???

Hello everyone

I'll be at Expos Fest in april in Montreal and i'll be able to get a lot of signatures from retired players. Do I need to have them sign an official Rawling MLB baseball? I'm in Canada and these balls are expensive and hard to find. I can't buy them in the States because of the poor exchange rate and the cost of shipping. Am I losing value if the signature is not on an official MLB baseball?
    Thanks for your help
    Alain

Re: What kind of ball to sign???

You'll want to get an OMLB signed because the ink on un-official baseballs will bleed over time and will ruin the signatures. In the long run, you'll be happy that you spent the additional funds to secure OMLB's (particularly for unique events such as the one you describe).

Good Luck.

heck, send me your address, I'll send you one.

Yes you will lose not only value, but quality of signature. OMLB baseballs are a higher quality leather and it holds up better over time(signature as well). OMLB baseballs are also what a collector prefers to have their sigs on.

Now whether spending the extra money to get real OMLB baseballs is worth it for you I don't know.

Grab Official NL Baseballs (Pre OMLB) They will be era correct and will deff be cooler in my opinion. And I bet you can find them online cheaper then the current day balls...If you look hard enough.

Thanks for your help guys. I'll spend the extra money to get an official MLB baseball.

Me and my bro and friend are going to that same expos fest, we ordered 11 national league Coleman balls for 80$ and I managed to scrounge up a bunch more for almost nothing per ball, you just gotta look. We also bought 1994 World Series balls to get signed by Grissom. It's funny cause my buddy was thinking about buying extras and selling them to people who needed the real deal in Montreal...looks like he was right, there's prob gonna be a mad rush for NL Official balls in Montreal thus April.

Even with exchange you can get one for about 14$ all in in Canadian funds.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

These are pretty cool too, they are national league balls with expos logo, very nice for sigs. 4.99$ on eBay. Found two within a week so you should be able to.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Or you could bring this to get signed and have a mob of expos fans swarm and beat you Look at this on eBay:

WASHINGTON NATIONALS 10th ANNIVERSARY LOGO OFFICIAL MAJOR LEAGUE CUBED BASE BALL

http://ebay.to/1K4hpSD