Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

White Sox Frank Thomas bat

Could you please tell me if Frank Thomas ever used a blonde LVS Model R161 with "Thomas" in block letters? Thank You

Re: White Sox Frank Thomas bat

Or P72 LVS for that matter. Both bats would date between 87-89 (so pre rookie).

Is a signed pre rookie have more or less value than one of his other bats?

Unfortunately we will never know the answer to this, the days of getting ordering records from Brian are over due to the acquisition and email that one of our lovely members had sent to the new owners.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinLakesPark View Post
    Unfortunately we will never know the answer to this, the days of getting ordering records from Brian are over due to the acquisition and email that one of our lovely members had sent to the new owners.

?

Dang, missed that one...

And that was a really shitty thing to do. For all the stuff Brian has done for us, to send a BS email like that basically throwing him under the bus, man, that's absolutely horrible.

Unbelievable!!!!

Damn.

I missed that one too. Even after getting thrown under the bus like that, Brian mentioned no names in his post.

Thanks for everything, Brian.

cheers <glasses clink>

Missed this too!

Very disappointed to lose such a great connection to a legendary company.
    Shipping records were nice, but the insight and information which Brian provided was priceless. Thank you very much Brian. Hope everything worked out.

A privilege lost due to an idiot's feeling of entitlement. Thanks DumbA**!
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Once again, I would like to apologize for the David Eckstein shipping records situation. I never intended to “throw Brian under the bus”. I realize all the good things he has done for the hobby and for everyone here on GameUsed Universe. I used his name because he was the one providing the information to members here on GameUsed Universe, and I found it perplexing that, not only did the legal department at Louisville Slugger not condone this behavior, but Louisville Slugger knew nothing about GameUsed Universe. I never contacted Louisville Slugger’s legal department directly. That information came to me from Kevin at Louisville Slugger, who I was emailing back and forth, to get the David Eckstein info. The email that Brian posted was only part of an email conversation I was having with Kevin. Personally, I think it is ridiculous that they do not want to give this information out to the public because of “litigation” issues, but that is their call. Which begs to ask if any of the other bat companies, like Marucci, Mizuno, Easton, Rawlings, etc., openly give out this information to anyone who asks for it.

Some of you think that I felt like I was entitled to this information, and you are correct. At the time, I felt that if this information is being freely given out on a public/open forum like GameUsed Universe, then there should be no problem in contacting Louisville Slugger directly to get the information. Keep in mind, I did initially post here first to find out about getting the shipping records. And when I did not get a response, I took it upon myself to contact Louisville Slugger directly, because there are no rules/regulations posted here on GameUsed Universe regarding obtaining the information directly, so why not cut the middle man out and go straight to the source.

You all can think badly of me and call me all the names in the book. That’s fine, its understood. In hindsight, it was the wrong thing to do, and I again apologize.
    Kurt