Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

For sure a team issue but is it a Larry walker?

So I had a Walker Rockies jersey up for sale and someone was asking about whether or not the buttons had Colorado Rockies inscribed in them. My radar went off because I knew Rockies kept neck tags in their early Russell gamers and team issued jerseys. Sure enough my buttons are kind of beige and all say Colorado Rockies. Now that I've established it's a team jersey can someone help me as to whether it could be an actual Larry Walker? Like does the lettering and numbering look good for that period?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: For sure a team issue but is it a Larry walker?

Button

Close

Back

that's not even a team issued jersey...It's a retail Jersey!

If you are saying it's retail due to neck tag, I'm pretty sure the Rockies kept their Russell neck tags on and used buttons to signify team issue. There's a thread in here talking about the whole special button thing.

Here's the post about buttons Speaking of the Rockies - and a VERY interesting point here - ALL Rockies Home White Russell jerseys (Regular or ALT) have unique buttons. Instead of the standard 'pearlescent white', the buttons are Cream colored with Colorado Rockies embossed around the edge.

Does anyone know if any other team did this with their jerseys? As far as I have ever been able to tell, this button thing is unique to the Rockies.

One other thing I can tell you - being both your jerseys are home whites and with pro tagging - if you haven't noticed, look at the buttons. They should be CREAM colored and stamped "Colorado Rockies" around them like this:

These buttons were specially created for the Rockies Home White jeresys and NOT available on retail. As far as I know, The Rockies are unique and the ONLY team to ever do this to try to help deter forgeries of GU jerseys.

Unfortunately, they only did it on their Home White - not grey, not purple,not black - those all have pearlized buttons color matched. Also - and the Rockies have admitted this and issued GU jersey w/ Rockies LOAs that are this way - up until about 5 years ago, the Rockies had a history of short ordering their jerseys and if one got ruined or given to charity or whatever, they would send a clubbie up to the Dry Goods store, get a Retail Authentic done up, have the player wear it for the game and then sell it later as GU - which it is - but it is not a Club House Authentic.

Quote Originally Posted by TG19 View Post
    that's not even a team issued jersey...It's a retail Jersey!
    I agree.

But what about the buttons ? It has the team issue buttons on it ..