Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yoenis Cespedes Signing

Yoenis Cespedes will be signing at Steiner on Thursday, and I have been debating having him sign my 2013 GU All Star base. I have been having everyone sign their position and team, but obviously he did not play. I was thinking of just having him inscribe "2013 Home Run Derby Champion" Thought I would get a few other opinions?

Re: Yoenis Cespedes Signing

If you pass up the signing, would you regret it? Id start from there.

If you're getting it signed for your own collection, then it comes down to whether you really want his signature or not. Personally, Steiner's price seems somewhat hefty ($130?), and, as you said, he didn't really play in the game.

If it were my base, I wouldn't have Cespedes on it. My logic is, if you change your mind later, you can always have it added, but once it's on there, you can't really take it off.

If he was not on the Mets I probably would not even consider having him sign the base. Its tonight and I am still not sure, but I am leaning toward having him sign it.

I wouldn't have him sign it. The guy didn't just not play in the all star game, he was't even a all-star that year.

Why have a non all-star player sign the base used during the all-star game when the player wasn't even on the team. The home run derby is totally different then the actual game.

I decided to have him sign it, pay for the ticket, and wait on line for a hour and a half. Signing was scheduled for 6:30-8:00. 8:00 comes, about 100 people still waiting and...... he is gone. Claims he was "sick". I am sure he was

Quote Originally Posted by 64SHEA View Post
    I decided to have him sign it, pay for the ticket, and wait on line for a hour and a half. Signing was scheduled for 6:30-8:00. 8:00 comes, about 100 people still waiting and...... he is gone. Claims he was "sick". I am sure he was
    As disappointed/upset as you might feel, it's entirely possible he is actually sick. He's 0 for his last three games, I think. Maybe he's caught a bug.

Oh well. I would blame Steiner for this, honestly. He was paid for a 90 minute appearance, and it sounds like he fulfilled his obligation.

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    Oh well. I would blame Steiner for this, honestly. He was paid for a 90 minute appearance, and it sounds like he fulfilled his obligation.

I agree
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!