Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Yoenis Cespedes Signing

Its not oh-well to the guy behind me, who drove two hours with his son to meet him. I probably go to 20 or 30 signings a year, and I have heard they and the player/agent agree to a certain number of tickets. So long as you are on line within that time, you get an autograph. I have never had a player just get up and leave before. Clown move, bro.

That's true for some signings. Other signings they agree on a time frame and the store guesstimates the amount of autos that can be signed in that amount of time. I help organize signings and we have done both types. The time one is definently much less common but I have seen them an organized them.

Quote Originally Posted by 64SHEA View Post
    Its not oh-well to the guy behind me, who drove two hours with his son to meet him. I probably go to 20 or 30 signings a year, and I have heard they and the player/agent agree to a certain number of tickets. So long as you are on line within that time, you get an autograph. I have never had a player just get up and leave before. Clown move, bro.
    If that were the agreement, then fine, but you said he was scheduled to sign from 6:30-8:00 and left at 8:00. I don't see how you can say it's a "clown move" when he fulfilled his obligation. It's not like he arrived at 6:30 and left at 6:45, like a certain futbol legend has done for his appearances in the past.

I have went to many steiner signings in the past, and I have never dealt with this kind of madness.

But then again, I normally get there an hour or 90 minutes before the signing session - only reason why I would do that -- signatures getting kind of shitty after 30 minutes signing (with the exception for Mariano Rivera, of course).

On the other hand, you have folks with tickets but decide to show up at 6PM for 6:30PM signing -- most of them would have a dumb look on their face --- "Damn, that is one long ass line".

Furthermore, I have seen the last batch of people -- and the signature is not even in the same ball park.

With that said, arrive early and you will get your "hard earned money spent" worth.

Take your time and you will get shitty signature or you might not get any at all. But look on the bright side, you will get a refund!