Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mike Trout bat on eBay. Fake?

I saw this on eBay this morning. It looks very suspect, IMO. There are a lot of signed "game model" Trout bats around - I have seen them at many different parks around the country and on the bay. Seems like this auction is someone taking one of those and trying to make it look like a gamer. What do you think - deal of the century or scam?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141761736288...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Re: Mike Trout bat on eBay. Fake?

Why would you break it though?

I can't speak on this particular bat, but the seller has listed problematic items in the past and has been anything but forthcoming when questioned about item legitimacy.

I've bought from goldendeals73 on eBay a couple times and due to their location and the teams they sell I always assumed the items were spring training game used/of limited provenance. Doesn't explain the Angels bat though (their ST is in Arizona). Perhaps it's from the Angels series in Tampa earlier this year?

I've bought from goldendeals73 on eBay a couple times and due to their location and the teams they sell I always assumed the items were spring training game used/of limited provenance. Doesn't explain the Angels bat though (their ST is in Arizona). Perhaps it's from the Angels series in Tampa earlier this year?

100% fake

I see two big issues:

1. His number is not on either end...very weird.

2. The tape at the bottom is whiter then my rear end. Never have I seen that on a Trout bat...usually the total opposite.

Bonus: What exactly is on that bat just to the left(towards the handle) of the pine tar?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirguy05 View Post
    I'd seriously consider posting the items you purchased from goldendeals73 on the forum, so you can verify whether or not they're also questionable.

Another concern...and please correct me if I am wrong.

My understanding is when a bat cracks like this the ball made contact on that specific side of the bat too. So with this bat that would mean Trout was making contact on the labeled side. I am not really a Trout expert, but in general this would be pretty uncommon right?

(Upon checking Mike Trout looks to hit the ball on the opposite side of the labeling)

I am not an expert on Trout bats. Here is one listed by Zane Burns.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mike-Trout-G...item2ca11c0f1c
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...