Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Paul Cameron's 1954 UCLA Rose Bowl helmet

All-American Paul Cameron's 1954 Rose Bowl Helmet

Found this wonderful piece of history from a person who buys abandoned storage units and it sat in his garage for 10 years.

Has been authenticated and the guys over at Helmet Hut took a look and said it was legit as well. I am wanting to sell, but need a good starting price. I have been told all kinds of price ranges of value from $2000-$8000.

Inside the helmet it reads, "Rose, 1-1-54, Given to Tim Reisig, by his good friend, Briggs Hunt" and Briggs Hunt worked at UCLA for years. Cameron's name can be read on a piece of athletic tape (I think it is athletic tape) covered with what once was clear tape. Easier to make out in person. It is a Macgregor clear shell GoldSmith.

Any help on how to sell/value would be appreciated. Would sell on here, but cannot post anything more than $500.

Re: Paul Cameron's 1954 UCLA Rose Bowl helmet

How did they prove that it was used in the 1954 Rose Bowl?

Can't definitively 100% say it was, but looking at the inscription, wear and tear, and aging, it would be very hard to say it wasn't. Have had multiple people look at it and all said the same thing.

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 234
Size:  209.4 KB
    Visit my site Spartantiques!