Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Auction does NOT want to close

This may be a record night time wise
    have not seen this much bidding before 2-3 am before , at least not PRIOR to sending out final warning message
    stay tuned and stay on top of your items people!
    https://www.goldinauctions.com/catalog.aspx

Re: Auction does NOT want to close

Are you going to "hard close" at 5 or let it run?

That is why auctions should close on a lot by lot closing. It's crazy going into early morning hours or even the next morning.

I think all of my consignor so would agree the auction close method was perfect
    Out of the five largest by sales volume competitors of Goldin auctions, only one closes lot by lot . The others all close entire auction at once.

As a buyer I hate the way the auction closes, but it is nice as a consigner. I will admit though it was kinda cool waking up at 4am this morning to go duck hunting and checking in with the lots I was bidding on.

Follow the $$$$$$$$

Are auction houses still bidding on their own auctions? Is that something they all do? Anyone know?

Goldin gets it right more than they get it wrong....there isn't a perfect solution that makes everyone happy....but I'd rather stay up late and have authentic items, great marketing and resources to know what is available and trust that process has integrity unlike many auction houses. Overall, I've been impressed with the auctions and they way they are handled.

It would be interesting to know with the all the auction companies what the percentage of west coast bidders are winners compared to east coast bidders since it's more likely with the time difference the west coast guys are still up and not sleeping. Even with the maximum bid you could use i think most people would want to watch the auction if they could instead going to sleep .I know there is no way to tell a percentage just a water cooler conversation.

I feel like it would be a bigger deal if the auction ended during a week night. On a Saturday if you are really motivated to get an item staying up should be fine. Sure it sucks watching your $500ish item just so it doesn't get taken, but hey that is a part of the auction house process.