Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

Re: The New England Patriots game used thread

Dave Meggett 1996 season/1997 Pro Bowl game used AFC practice jersey (personally obtained)

This is my very first game used football piece. I was in high school and when Meggett (my favorite player growing up) was selected to the Pro Bowl, my parents were nice enough to take me to Honolulu to see the game. This was pre Stubhub so you had to get tickets through brokers.

Anyway, the day before the game at Aloha Stadium, after the AFC practice ended, Dave Meggett came straight over to the only guy who was wearing a Dave Meggett jersey (me) and also holding up one for him to sign. Curtis Martin was also heading over to sign autographs at the time, but I held my position for Meggett instead of going over to Curtis. Meggett called for my jersey to sign and signed it. Then he took of his practice jersey and threw it to me. It was the coolest thing for me at the time (Mean Joe Greene moment). Dave had/has his problems with treating women, but I will never forget his act for a fan. It's also probably a reason why I collect game used stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images