Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

Re: The New England Patriots game used thread

Quote Originally Posted by paul457 View Post
    Happy retirement to the defensive captain!

2012 GU Jerod Mayo vs the 49ers w/HOF patch.
    Awesome Mayo jersey, love the HOF patch. The second half of that game was maybe Brady's best half of football ever, great comeback that came up just short.

Troy Brown 1999 game used jersey (Patriots LOA)
    I was finally able to obtain a Troy Brown game used jersey that showed legitimate use. This 1999 Brown jersey came direct from the Patriots and has a repair on the back shoulder. In 1999 Adidas started manufacturing the Patriots game jerseys and after the 1999 season changed the uniform style to pretty much what it is today. This is my first 1999 jersey and one difference that I noticed on this jersey compared to other Starter era Patriots jerseys is that the numbers do not have the same amount of bubbling up/folding that happens after washing a few times. I do not know if this is present across other 1999 Patriots jerseys compared to the 95-98 Starter jerseys or just this one.

Anyway, this jersey has cuffed sleeves. Troy Brown switched to shorter open sleeves around 2002. On the inner part of the cuffed sleeves a slit is present on both arms. On the front a "99" year tag is present along with the Adidas tag. A good amount of the silver of the shoulder logos has been washed away. Ball/dirt marks are present on the numerals.
    Attached Images Attached Images