Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: The New England Patriots game used thread

Curtis Martin 1996 game used away jersey (Patriots LOA)
    Boy Wonder followed up his rookie of the year campaign with a Pro Bowl 1996 season. He had a career high 17 (14 rush 3 rec) TDs in 1996. This away jersey is battered with repairs and has some stains on the jersey. Helmet paint transfers are left on the jersey. The Patriots did wear away jerseys in Super Bowl 31 but this is not from that game as for the jerseys for the Super Bowl had the Starter logos placed above the shoulder numbers instead of below. Not including the preseason, in 1996 the Patriots wore white jerseys @Buffalo, @Baltimore, @Indy, @NYJ, @SD, and @NYG
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Hello michaelofsf .... I just checked a couple of my jerseys My chris canty and Vincent brisby are both stamped inside stating 95/96 season set 1 . both jerseys have the starter logo above the shoulder numbers. Both jerseys are the whites .....does this mean they may have been actual super bowl issued ? thanks for your time , steve

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan View Post
    Hello michaelofsf .... I just checked a couple of my jerseys My chris canty and Vincent brisby are both stamped inside stating 95/96 season set 1 . both jerseys have the starter logo above the shoulder numbers. Both jerseys are the whites .....does this mean they may have been actual super bowl issued ? thanks for your time , steve
    Steve,
    That's a good question. I don't know the exact answer as I didn't work for the Patriots, but this is the though process that I would go through. First I would see if it had the 1996 style label

If it did then there is a good chance the jersey could be from 1996. In 1995, 1997 and 1998 most of the jerseys that I've seen from looking at photos have the Starter logos above the numbers. For whatever reason in 1996, they had them below for the most part.

Jeff (jeffaary) posted a great photo from the SB that showed the logos on the SB jerseys. They looks as though space wasn't originally there for them, so they are placed above or near the should seam.

compared to say a 1998 jersey where there is plenty of spacing between the seam and the numbers so the logo can fit there.

In 1996 Vincent Brisby dealt with a hamstring injury for most of the season and only appeared in 3 regular season games and the playoffs. In the Super Bowl he had 2 catches. So it's possible the jersey you have may be issued if everything else checks out but I have no idea. Any 1996 game used jersey from Brisby probably wouldn't show much use and could appear issued, but that is an assumption.

As far as Chris Canty, he was a first round draft pick in 1997 so he wouldn't have had a jersey made for him for the Super Bowl I don't think since he was at K State at the time. It's possible the jersey was a 1996 season jersey that is carried over if everything else looks like it was from 1996.

thanks Michael , much appreciated and great information ... steve

Michael,

Sweet Curtis Martin gamer. I love how you display your jerseys. Great mannequins, great photos, etc.

What are your thoughts on this Bledsoe jersey?

LINK

I haven't had any luck photo-matching it. But it would be a nice jersey from the Pats 1996 AFC Championship season if it were legit.

looking at the brisby jersey the starter on the shoulder is about an eight to a quarter inch above the numbers and the top of the starter emblem is just to the seam of the shoulder as in your pic. The shoulder seam is also above the v of the neck as pictured but the jock or hem label is the same starter emblem as on the shoulder with the words authentic and it writing script below authentic it says designed and tailored for the and below that is the nfl shield ....looks nothing like the label on your royal jersey.

bump ..... I also have a derrick cullors 96 white and it actually has the starter emblem under the shoulder numbers and has the jock tag as you have pictured stating exclusively for the new England patriots so maybe the super bowl jerseys had a different hem tag and just maybe I have an actual brisby super bowl jersey ...thank you very much for all your input Michael .... you certainly know your stuff steve

Quote Originally Posted by RKO18 View Post
    What are your thoughts on this Bledsoe jersey?

LINK

I haven't had any luck photo-matching it. But it would be a nice jersey from the Pats 1996 AFC Championship season if it were legit.
    That's actually my Bledsoe, and I have not been able to photomatch it either. I've consulted with several GU sources including one with the Patriots, and everything on the jersey checks out with tagging, size, cut, Custom Crafted stamp, etc. It's legitimate but we just can't seem to find photographic proof.

The jersey has light wear, and a team repair, so my guess is that it was worn only for a couple of quarters late in a game, or during the preseason. If you've looked through Getty images you'll see that Bledsoe wore the same jersey in every photo that they have for the 1996 season. But photographs weren't as plentiful back then, and there are no photos on that site from the preseason.

I actually have this 1996 Bledsoe and a 1994 blue issued Bledsoe, I'm only going to keep one of them, so if anyone has Pats GU / issued jerseys they'd like to trade, please contact me at tobey457@gmail.com.
    WTB -
    Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
    Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
    Jose Canseco A's GU jersey

There was an Austin Collie team issued up on eBay a couple weeks ago. Was it anyone from here who won it?

I just got a patriots Benjamin Watson and Patrick pass game worn ...The Patrick Pass was worn opening night in 2005 and sports the super bowl 39 champions patch