Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: The New England Patriots game used thread

Quote Originally Posted by paul457 View Post
    Happy retirement to the defensive captain!

2012 GU Jerod Mayo vs the 49ers w/HOF patch.
    Awesome Mayo jersey, love the HOF patch. The second half of that game was maybe Brady's best half of football ever, great comeback that came up just short.

Troy Brown 1999 game used jersey (Patriots LOA)
    I was finally able to obtain a Troy Brown game used jersey that showed legitimate use. This 1999 Brown jersey came direct from the Patriots and has a repair on the back shoulder. In 1999 Adidas started manufacturing the Patriots game jerseys and after the 1999 season changed the uniform style to pretty much what it is today. This is my first 1999 jersey and one difference that I noticed on this jersey compared to other Starter era Patriots jerseys is that the numbers do not have the same amount of bubbling up/folding that happens after washing a few times. I do not know if this is present across other 1999 Patriots jerseys compared to the 95-98 Starter jerseys or just this one.

Anyway, this jersey has cuffed sleeves. Troy Brown switched to shorter open sleeves around 2002. On the inner part of the cuffed sleeves a slit is present on both arms. On the front a "99" year tag is present along with the Adidas tag. A good amount of the silver of the shoulder logos has been washed away. Ball/dirt marks are present on the numerals.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Rodney Harrison 2005 game used jersey (Patriots LOA as issued)
    Harrison came over to the Patriots in 2003 and won two Super Bowls with the Pats. He ended up spending 6 seasons in New England and retired after the 2008 season. In 2005 Harrison wore this home colored jersey. He last wore it on the road in week 2 against Carolina. In that game he had 8 combined tackles (7 total, 1 ast) and 1 pass defense. The following week at Pittsburgh he injured his knee and was out for the rest of the year. Harrison did not wear this jersey in week 1 (SB champs patch) and may or may not have worn in the preseason. The jersey has been washed, but some remnant marks are still present on the numerals and also some hit marks on the blue parts. Upon examination of game photos from the week 2 game, some of the threads, mesh holes and numerical stains can be found on the jersey and in pictures. The jersey is a size 48 with +2 inches in length. There is an elastic band in the waist that is hemmed.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelofSF View Post
    Rodney Harrison 2005 game used jersey The jersey is a size 48 with +2 inches in length.
    Correction, it is a size 50 with +2 inches in length

Dammit, I should have done more research.

Awesome pickup Michael, you got that Harrison for a song!
    WTB -
    Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
    Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
    Jose Canseco A's GU jersey

Ty Law 1998 game used jersey (Patriots LOA)
    I finally have been able to add a matching style Ty Law (1998 home) and Lawyer Milloy (1996 home) to my collection. One of my favorite posters growing up was "The Firm" with Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy on it. Anyway, about the jersey... the jersey is from the Starter era. Inside the neck there is a Set 1 Custom Crafted tag. The jersey is a size 48 with a repair present on the rear. The jersey has cuffed sleeves as that is how Ty Law wore his jerseys until the 2000 season. In 1998 Law led the NFL in interceptions with 9 (7 in the home jersey), including one returned for a TD in this jersey. He was selected to the 1st Team All Pro.

Any other Pats pickups out there?

MichaelofSF with, yet again, an amazing pickup! Great collection you have sir.

I'll tone things down with a few team issued pickups from the latest Tent Sale at Gillette Stadium.

First up is, what I believe to be an '85-'87 punter Rich Camarillo, made by Sand Knit.
    Name:  20160728_124847.jpg
Views: 1519
Size:  246.6 KB

These jerseys had their nameplates removed so its pretty hard to tell what exactly they are. I believe this style was worn from 1984(with a patch)-1992, with the NFL Shield patch starting in 1991. 1990 and 1991 had stitched numbers, while the rest have screen printed numbers. Manufacturers during this time period ranged from Champion to Sand Knit to Russell and there were definitely times when a jersey was worn in a different season than it was issued. Very inconsistent back then.

Next is, possibly, an '85-'89 QB Tony Eason, made by Russell. Keep in mind these have no nameplate and no signs of wear.
    Name:  20160728_131903.jpg
Views: 1511
Size:  268.8 KB

Finally I have a mystery #16, also by Russell. Too early to be a Zolak as there is no NFL Shield patch, although there are pictures floating around of Zo wearing a Shield-less jersey.
    Name:  20160728_131817.jpg
Views: 1522
Size:  253.9 KB

I'll post some more pictures soon of the worn jerseys I picked up at the tent sale...

Quote Originally Posted by banderson42 View Post
    MichaelofSF with, yet again, an amazing pickup! Great collection you have sir.

I'll tone things down with a few team issued pickups from the latest Tent Sale at Gillette Stadium.
    Thank you for the kind words and thank you for posting your pickups!

Marc Edwards 2002 game used jersey (Patriots LOA)
    I was recently able to add a Marc Edwards home gamer. As a ND college football fan, I enjoyed watching Edwards play for the Irish and was happy when he joined the Pats and was able to win a Super Bowl with them. As would be expected from a fullback jersey, this jersey is pounded with many hit marks and repairs. The jersey is a size 48 with a neck year/size tag. There is also a reebok tag on the front.

Any other Pats pickups out there?

I posted my game used Houston Antwine on this thread a few months back. I loaned it to the New England Patriots display at their stadium for the next year! Its part of a special display. If anyone sees it on display let me know! Check it out!

Picture wont update sorry. Email me at vinnys42@yahoo.com and ill send you a picture of the helmet on display. Thanks! Go Pats

Banned

Lightbulb Re: The New England Patriots game used thread

banderson42:

The Sand-Knit tagging on the punter's jersey would indicate 1987-89 issuance.

Dave Miedema