Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: The New England Patriots game used thread

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan View Post
    I just got a patriots Benjamin Watson and Patrick pass game worn ...The Patrick Pass was worn opening night in 2005 and sports the super bowl 39 champions patch
    cool pickups, please share when you have a chance.

Ty Law 2002 game used home jersey (Patriots LOA)
    This is a navy Ty Law jersey that was first worn in 2002. After the Super Bowl winning season of 2001 the Patriots switched from Adidas to Reebok. A cool tidbit of info that I learned from Jim is that in some of Ty Law's jerseys the year tag would be removed, I have no idea why. This one has 02-46 in the neck. The jersey has Law's open sleeves that he started wearing in 2000. Anyway this jersey has a few team repairs and hit marks. Pretty good use for a cornerback jersey. A larger repair is present on the front between the 2 and 4. In 2002 Ty Law made his 3rd (out of 5) Pro Bowl. Law is currently a member of the Patriots Hall of Fame and last year was a semifinalist for Canton. It would be awesome if he can eventually make it in there. Every Patriots fan has a memory in their head of Ty Law wearing the navy jersey in Super Bowl 36 picking of Warner and taking it to the house.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Michael ..... yet another incredible jersey you have there ... i'll try to post some of mine when I figure out how to do it ..... my collection pales compared to yours but I love collecting ..thanks for sharing your collection and your knowledge .... steve

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan View Post
    Hello michaelofsf .... I just checked a couple of my jerseys My chris canty and Vincent brisby are both stamped inside stating 95/96 season set 1 . both jerseys have the starter logo above the shoulder numbers. Both jerseys are the whites .....does this mean they may have been actual super bowl issued ? thanks for your time , steve
    My Keith Byars Super Bowl jersey actually had the logos removed from the bottom of the sleeve and relocated to above the numbers. You can totally see where the logos were originally. I can't say that all the Super Bowl jerseys had the logos removed and relocated, but that would be the first thing I'd look for.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffaary View Post
    My Keith Byars Super Bowl jersey actually had the logos removed from the bottom of the sleeve and relocated to above the numbers. You can totally see where the logos were originally. I can't say that all the Super Bowl jerseys had the logos removed and relocated, but that would be the first thing I'd look for.
    thanks jeff I just looked at my jerseys and none of the logos were moved. when I tried a photo match I found it interesting that not only were the logos just above the numbers but on some jerseys the starter logo was actually to the side of the numbers

The linemen jerseys had the logos to the side of the numbers for several seasons because they had those short sleeves that tucked under the shoulder pads and there was no room for logos under or over the numbers. The position players did not have the numbers to the side.

My Byars Super bowl jersey also does not have a Custom Crafted Stamp.

Ty Law 2001-2002 era game used cleats (Patriots LOA)
    I couldn't find a Ty Law jersey for the longest time. So I purchased some game used cleats a few years back. These are style matched to 2001-2002. They are size 12. Law typically had tape on the upper part of his cleats/ankles. These might be from the Green Bay game in 2002. There are some holes cut in the toe area, Law did not do this on all of his cleats. 24 is written on the heel of each cleat.

Couple of issued jerseys I picked up recently.

2014 Gronk Pro Bowl:

1994 Bledsoe home jersey w75th patch:

WTB -
    Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
    Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
    Jose Canseco A's GU jersey

Tobey, thanks for sharing. I still am on the lookout for a well documented team sourced or photmatched Bledsoe game worn jersey for my own collection.

John Lynch 2008 game used jersey (final jersey of Lynch's career, Patriots LOA)
    I've posted this jersey before on the NFL thread. At the end of Lynch's hopefully HOF career, he spent a preseason with the Patriots and Bill Belichick. During one of the Patriots telecasts this year, Lynch offered some insight into his time there. He was studying really hard to learn the system and had spent a lot of time with BB getting coached up. Before the last preseason game Lynch knew that he was going to retire and told BB, but asked that he let him play the whole game since he knew it was going to be his last game. In the final game against the Giants, Lynch has 8 total tackles (5 solo). It was kind of cool to hear the reason as to why he (a possible HOFer) played well into the end of the 4th preseason game with other people just trying to make a practice squad. Anyway the jersey has a pretty large repair on the back as well as some other repairs in the shoulder area and back of jersey. "08-46" is present in the neck area and the waist is elasticized. It matches up with the road game at Tampa and the finale at NYG. The mesh holes match up and a horizontal crease on the front 4 above the internal triangle can be seen in pics.

Happy retirement to the defensive captain!

2012 GU Jerod Mayo vs the 49ers w/HOF patch.

WTB -
    Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
    Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
    Jose Canseco A's GU jersey