Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: The New England Patriots game used thread

paul457 nice wilfork Looks like the one I bid on . Pro shop had it on a few weeks ago I don't know why they listed it as team issued as it clearly had paint transfer in the photos. I won an old mat bahr jersey that showed signs of wear but came as team issued. How much damage can you expect on a kickers jersey

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan View Post
    my question is ....I have been collecting for about a year now but have been getting more team issued than actual game worn.

.... am I wasting my time and money on team issued? I just picked up a devon mccourty today ...team issued ... and after seeing all the awesome jerseys here I feel i'm going down the wrong road and should just concentrate on gamers ....any insight ?thanks ....steve
    It's all personal preference - I feel like team issued jerseys are a bargain in this hobby. They are player spec'd jerseys, made for game use, and they display just like a game used jersey... minus the filth. Plus they can be had for 1/2 - 1/10 of a GU jersey. I have a few as placeholders on my collection until I can get a perfect GU jersey of that player

Collect what you enjoy.
    WTB -
    Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
    Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
    Jose Canseco A's GU jersey

patsfan, I would like to hear more about your collection! i too collect more issueds than worn due to the price. do you have anything you consider selling?

cobra 93 thanks but at the moment still hoarding them all ....my current players are team issued matt slater , gostkoski. harmon ,mccourty,brandon bolden game used with his bca worn gloves and towel and my favorite gamer is larry izzo ......some of my gamers are Maroney , ridley,vincent brisby, james sanders,Merriweather,brandon Mitchell, some of my better known players team issue include ted Johnson , lawyer milloy . terry glenn ,germaine wiggins,chris slade ,david givens,ben Jarvis green ellis,donte Stallworth,ellis hobbs ken walter , matt bahr, scott zolac, Michael bishop, vince wilfork practice worn jersey , I can't rember them all but these are some of my collection

nice!! may i ask other than ebay and pro shop, where you have been able to find so many?

cobra ...everything from the pro shop auctions .... but I also have game worn cleats and bca balls from nfl auctions ..... how about your collection and where did you get yours? something tells me we all probably bid against each other at one time or another.... I know I have bid on big ticket items but end up getting blown out of the water by the likes of michaelofsf .... my pockets are no where as deep he has an amazing collection

cobra ...everything from the pro shop auctions .... but I also have game worn cleats and bca balls from nfl auctions ..... how about your collection and where did you get yours? something tells me we all probably bid against each other at one time or another.... I know I have bid on big ticket items but end up getting blown out of the water by the likes of michaelofsf .... my pockets are no where as deep he has an amazing collection
    haha me neither, i really wanted the Harrison gamer they had listed a couple months ago, but it got too pricey for me really quick! I have been collecting for about 6 years or so, mostly from ebay/other collectors. only recently has the proshop been selling, so i keep an eye on those

Quote Originally Posted by paul457 View Post
    I'll play - my latest is a 2011 Vince Wilfork game used throwback jersey with the Myra Kraft patch.

This was an easy photo match with the jersey in-hand, this was worn against the Jets on October 9th. Glad I landed it - it's an awesome jersey from a Pro Bowl and Super Bowl season. This jersey has lots of loose threads, paint transfers, and scuffs, along with number puckering, and a team repair on the back.
    Tobey, very nice Vince! I think I bid on it. I remember I was watching an NFL films Vince Wilfork segment and I could see a green paint transfer I think on the shoulder number match up to the auction photos so I knew it was used. That's a great pickup. A few years back Hunt Auctions had a Vince throwback jersey from 2009 but it was a size 44 in the description which I always thought was strange. Perhaps they just had a typo and it was the 54 that I would think Vince would wear.

Keep the items coming, I know you have some Pats stuff.

hello everyone ...i'm new here but have been admiring all the collections and drooling especially the museum pieces of Michaelofsf ... amazing collection ..my question is ....I have been collecting for about a year now but have been getting more team issued than actual game worn. I figure game issue are still more valuable than regular store bought and I cant afford the elite players gamers. i'm now at around 75 jerseys with about 25 being gamers and the rest actual team issues ....all patriots .... am I wasting my time and money on team issued? I just picked up a devon mccourty today ...team issued ... and after seeing all the awesome jerseys here I feel i'm going down the wrong road and should just concentrate on gamers ....any insight ?thanks ....steve

my current players are team issued matt slater , gostkoski. harmon ,mccourty,brandon bolden game used with his bca worn gloves and towel and my favorite gamer is larry izzo ......some of my gamers are Maroney , ridley,vincent brisby, james sanders,Merriweather,brandon Mitchell, some of my better known players team issue include ted Johnson , lawyer milloy . terry glenn ,germaine wiggins,chris slade ,david givens,ben Jarvis green ellis,donte Stallworth,ellis hobbs ken walter , matt bahr, scott zolac, Michael bishop, vince wilfork practice worn jersey , I can't rember them all but these are some of my collection
    Steve, welcome to the thread. I think we are in a much better position as Pats collectors now than before. Thanks to Jim Scollins and the Patriots for making stuff available to us directly from the team we don't have to worry as much about stuff being fake or not good. Also, I think they are more conservative on their descriptions now (used/issued) which is a good thing. It's better to underrepresent a piece than overstate it.

As far as collecting goes, do what Tobey said and just collect what you like. However, if your goal is to own certain gamers then sometimes just focusing on that and ignoring everything else can help. I've been collecting game used stuff for a few years and for my own self I've tried to become more disciplined and specific in what I want so that when those pieces (that I really want) do come along I can be in a position to pick those up. Anyway those were just thoughts that went through my own head for me, collect whatever makes you happy. You have quite the amount of jerseys, please share when you get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by 93cobra View Post
    haha me neither, i really wanted the Harrison gamer they had listed a couple months ago, but it got too pricey for me really quick! I have been collecting for about 6 years or so, mostly from ebay/other collectors. only recently has the proshop been selling, so i keep an eye on those
    Yeah that was a nice Harrison, but the bidding was higher than my range.

thanks for the welcome Michaelofsf .... I think i'll take take your advice and quit pulling the trigger on every jersey I think I want and if I pass on a few dozen I can probably land a high end gamer. As for jim scollins I have spoken to him on several occasions and he is a stand up guy and i'm glad he's doing what he's doing and letting collectors get them. I hate when I see a jersey sell only to see it back on ebay for twice what it sold for any way love your collection and good luck in the future and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all

Wes Welker 2010 game used Thanksgiving Day cleats worn against Lions (Welker LOA)
    For a period of time when Wes was with the Pats he would market and sell his game used gloves on his website (store.weswelker.com). To my knowledge he no longer did that after leaving New England. Most of these items would be inscribed by Wes with the game they were from and sometimes he would put his stats on them as well. This pair is a size 11 Nike Zoom Vapor Carbon Fly TDs. In the game that Welker wore these he had 8 receptions for 90 yards and 2 TDs. 2010 was Welker's first year back after tearing his ACL at the end of the 2009 season in Houston. Welker has sneaky good career totals and I believe is still the Patriots all time leader in receptions.
    Attached Images Attached Images