Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Rick Ankiel Bat Found At Play it Again Sports

My daughter and I have had some very good luck at a particular Play it Again Sports store near our house. We have found numerous autographed Official American/National/Major League balls and have passed on a few other items that I wish I wouldn't have. Not sure why this particular store seems to be a hot bed for baseball memorabilia, but when my daughter found this bat I just could not pass on it.

I am hoping someone might be able to give me some into stamping on the knob.. I think it may be the key to the possibility of whether or not this has a minute chance of being a great find.

What stinks is that we met Rick last year when his number was retired at a Potomac Nationals game. He works for the Nats now and should find his way to a PNats game sometime this year, so I will be sure to have it in my car at all times!

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Always on the lookout for Garin Cecchini game used items especially Greenville Drive and Salem Red Sox jerseys.
    I accept PM's so shoot me a message.

Re: Rick Ankiel Bat Found At Play it Again Sports

JD7 = Model Number (JD Drew model?)
    099 = Batch code
    00 = Year code (2000)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Byington
    Hall of Fame Bats
    tim@hofbats.com

Looks great! At the very least that was ordered by rick and is a pro model. Bat master is right the JD7 is for J.D Drew. I have one very similar only it is from 1999. Nice find!

Thanks for the help gents! Appreciate the info. Very cool...

This one will be staying in the old collection...
    Always on the lookout for Garin Cecchini game used items especially Greenville Drive and Salem Red Sox jerseys.
    I accept PM's so shoot me a message.