Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Pink Bats are UP!!!!

One of the bat weights is already approaching $200...people have gone bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux4Ever View Post
    Any one know why MLB only kept a small handful of items??? More guys getting sentimental and wanting to keep their items or give them to their moms maybe??? My Twins only have 5 items up and almost every guy wore pink items during the game.....especially my boy Herrmann, yet none of his items made it to auction.
    I asked the Brewers a year or two ago and the told me that the team does not get anything other than baseballs and bases. Everything else is given to MLB.

I don't get it. Every single Brewers undershirt was authenticated so I doubt a player kept any of them. The arm bands seem to lack authentication as do the sleeves. Maybe they wash them and reuse them next year?

A lot unaccounted for...MLB must enjoy hoarding in a warehouse in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsontravis@ymail.com View Post
    I asked the Brewers a year or two ago and the told me that the team does not get anything other than baseballs and bases. Everything else is given to MLB.

I don't get it. Every single Brewers undershirt was authenticated so I doubt a player kept any of them. The arm bands seem to lack authentication as do the sleeves. Maybe they wash them and reuse them next year?

A lot unaccounted for...MLB must enjoy hoarding in a warehouse in NY.
    What I thought is maybe they were gonna start doing what the NFL does and start auctioning the stuff off throughout the year.......as far as Twins stuff is concerned though only the items on the MLB auction were authenticated plus the line up card.

I emailed MLB Auctions and they told me what is at auction is what the teams sent them. I guess teams don't have to send everything they authenticated. So the rest goes to players or into the respective teams dungeon likely never to be seen again.

Last season the authenticators at PETCO were responsible for gathering all of the items to be mailed back to MLB. They actually mailed them instead of the team. This year the game was on the road in Arizona and we ended up getting a Venable pink bat and a pink bat weight from the game with the road trip items, but there were still pink bats used by Kemp, Upton, Amarista and Gyorko at the very least that were used and I have no idea what happened to them. I was hoping to buy the Kemp or Upton myself.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

The Rockies posted a bunch of "game used" stuff for guys who didnt even play....
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Quote Originally Posted by lengthwise1 View Post
    The Rockies posted a bunch of "game used" stuff for guys who didnt even play....
    I should have said, MLB posted a bunch of Rockies stuff that seems improperly labelled game used
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!