Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Is it common for MLB players to do this?

Does anyone here have knowledge of or confidence in the plausibility of a Major League Baseball player sending items he autographed back to his former Minor League Teams clubhouse or equipment manager?

Re: Is it common for MLB players to do this?

I have heard of players doing this - providing signed items to a former minor league team so that they can be sold to benefit the team or charity. If that is the situation, it's very believable. On the other hand, if a team employee says that a former player sent him items for him to sell personally - I have to question the likelihood of that.

Jeff, thank you for the input and I share your opinion. While I don't think the items were intended to be sold by a single individual that is what's happening. I personally have no issue with this as I have bought many items this way in the past.

I guess it's possible that a player and minor league clubhouse guy could have developed a friendship that would inspire the player to send him a few things from time to time. I dunno...I guess the likelihood of it being true would depend on what kind of things we're talking about - wristbands and GU baseballs, or jerseys and helmets.