Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

End of season sale rules

I got an email for a team regarding their end of season GU sale. the email came with this disclaimer:

" Items purchased are strictly for personal use and/or collection. Purchases cannot be made on behalf of others. Any items purchased at this sale are done so under the agreement that they are not to be re-sold to collectors or other outside parties. All sales are final, no returns or refunds."

Thoughts?

Re: End of season sale rules

In the unlikely event that a disclaimer like that was actually enforced, there would need to be extensive record-keeping by the team. If the receipt for say a GU bat said "PLAYER NAME Game Used Cracked Bat," they would also need photos of the bat to prove you were selling that specific gamer. You could easily say "Well, the player used 50 bats that year!"

I'm also not sure they even have the ability to say that. If you buy an item, it is yours.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

I understand you don't want competition, but, if you introduce this to the forum, you should share the team that sent this to you....

That's a pretty general disclaimer for almost any college surplus sale you'll go to. That seems almost word for word what Oregons said in there advertisements for their annual sale

Quote Originally Posted by truvalue123 View Post
    I understand you don't want competition, but, if you introduce this to the forum, you should share the team that sent this to you....
    Nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by truvalue123 View Post
    It is a 3 day sale with the first day for Sponsors and Suite holders. The second day for season ticket holders and the third for general public. Since I don't qualify for the first 2 days I am pretty sure most of the good stuff would be gone by the day I could go.

Sounds like the San Jose Sharks--that's been their procedure for years...