Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Michael Jordan Game Worn Jersey

What do you guys think of this shirt? Paying thousands for a jersey with no provenance, no photo match, etc is a hard pill to swallow. Basketball jerseys are so easy to fake....not saying this one is. Opinions welcome......

http://sports.ha.com/itm/basketball/...a/7135-83004.s

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Michael Jordan Game Worn Jersey

I'm not gonna declare it as game used unless I see it up close, instead of from a photo. That said, the photos show good signs...I can't guarantee it but I wouldn't abruptly dismiss it, neither.

Dave Miedema

Re: Michael Jordan Game Worn Jersey

I agree with Dave, that the jersey "looks" good, but as far as true game use, it's impossible to tell just from the auction pics. The 50 +4 is ok and the NOB drop/letter heights look good too.

That's why I only buy mid-late 1990's Jordan game worn jerseys if it came from one of their past CharitaBull auctions with team letter/receipt. Otherwise I don't touch it. Just my personal opinion, but this HA one might be good, just can't discern any game use.

Good luck!

Guys what about the size 48 +4 jerseys from this time period that other auctions have sold? Is 50 + 4 rock solid?

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    I agree with Dave, that the jersey "looks" good, but as far as true game use, it's impossible to tell just from the auction pics. The 50 +4 is ok and the NOB drop/letter heights look good too.

That's why I only buy mid-late 1990's Jordan game worn jerseys if it came from one of their past CharitaBull auctions with team letter/receipt. Otherwise I don't touch it. Just my personal opinion, but this HA one might be good, just can't discern any game use.

Good luck!
    Is this size a problem?

http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.co...-lot69415.aspx

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Michael Jordan Game Worn Jersey

I believe that both are acceptable in 1997-98. Keep in mind, this was the first year Nike supplied the Bulls. Prior to that, from 1990-91 through 1996-97, Champion supplied the Bulls, and his size in that time frame was pretty consistent at 46 +3".

Dave M.

I guess the question is “Has Heritage Auction made a mistake before and sold a Jordan jersey as game worn when it wasn’t?” And if I was to bid and win the jersey how and where would I be able to get it authenticated? Very interested in getting a Jordan gamer, or even the game worn shoes they have listed, but would like it to be authenticate.