Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Opinions on thrift store find. Vince Carter practice worn jersey?

Hello everyone. I recently found this Adidas Orlando Magic irreversible jersey from a thrift store and was wondering if it was a player worn/issued jersey. All of the patches are screen printed onto the jersey. The jersey is size XL according to the tag and measures 25" across and 31.5" long. This jersey has the Amway logo on the right side and after doing a little bit of research, I found out that 2009-10 season was the 1st in which teams could have company endorsements shown on their practice jerseys and that Amway and the Magic teamed up in the fall of 2009 to sponsor Magic practice jerseys. Also, its looks like this was the final season adidas used nba fusion jerseys as the next season saw climacool jerseys. It would seem like this jersey only falls into the 2009-10 season. The Magic team roster for the 2009-10 season states that #15 belonged to Vince Carter after he was traded to the Magic during the offseason.

I was only able to find 1 day of magic practice photos from the 2009-10 season and found photos of Mickael Pietrus and Jameer Nelson wearing similar jerseys. I was wondering if this jersey could simply be a retail version and if adidas even made practice jerseys with player's numbers present for retail as I only found retail nba fusion practice jerseys without player numbers. Opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Re: Opinions on thrift store find. Vince Carter practice worn jersey?

If you look at the tag on the shirt, it looks like the jersey was made in 2007.

But perhaps it was recycled for 2 years? Im not sure

Quote Originally Posted by Mattapan03 View Post
    If you look at the tag on the shirt, it looks like the jersey was made in 2007.

But perhaps it was recycled for 2 years? Im not sure
    Oh I didn't even realize that the 07 was the year indicator. Perhaps the blank jersey was made in 2007 but officially issued for Vince in 2009-10 because the typeface of the number 15 was used only in 2009-10 as was the Amway logo endorsement. Anyways I appreciate the help. Also I forgot to mention that I found this jersey on the westcoast. Funny how this jersey was found thousands of miles away from its original spot.

2007 Orlando Magic #15 Hedo Turkoglu

What does the hologram say? I mean other than the number. Did you verify authenticity with that?

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    2007 Orlando Magic #15 Hedo Turkoglu

What does the hologram say? I mean other than the number. Did you verify authenticity with that?
    You are correct. However, this jersey was player issued in 2009-10 because that was the first year in which the Magic and Amway partnered up to have Amway sponsor their practice jerseys. I've tried comparing this jersey with others and it looks like teams used adidas nba fusion practice jerseys from around 2006-2010 so I think this jersey was was made in 2007 but not issued until the 2009-10 season. Here a link that explains this sponsorship. http://www.nba.com/magic/news/amway_...ys_102109.html

The hologram has the nba logoman with a basketball background that verifies that it is an authentic NBA product.