Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Shooting Star Astros

These have to be the best TBTC jerseys. I may be old school, but I think the Astros would have done well to switch to these when they moved to the AL.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Re: Shooting Star Astros

Damn shame Judas Crane went with the Block Letter Style for the ALstros' New Home Unis. Numerous Fans wanted the Shooting Star Jerseys to return as the Home Unis a couple of years back.

+1. Great jerseys for sure...

Great look, and much better than what they currently wear. Of course, I did love that they went back to the navy/orange with the "star-H" logo. Classic Astros. I am partial (I know, let's start the heckling) to the rainbow jerseys and the road "rainbows" that had the multi-stripe down the sleeve. They could still do a modified Rainbow uniform with belted pants and lose the number on the thigh.....

Just MHO, but pullovers over button down works better for many teams. Hope several teams, including the Astros and Padres, go back to pullovers. Many college teams wear them now (again) in conjunction with belted pants....

Quote Originally Posted by Jayworld View Post
    Great look, and much better than what they currently wear. Of course, I did love that they went back to the navy/orange with the "star-H" logo. Classic Astros. I am partial (I know, let's start the heckling) to the rainbow jerseys .....
    I have to agree with you on the Rainbow homes. They are classic 1970's.

It doesn't get any more 70's than this (not mine).
    R. C. Walker
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by R. C. Walker View Post
    I have to agree with you on the Rainbow homes. They are classic 1970's.

It doesn't get any more 70's than this (not mine).
    And it's a first-year Astros rainbow gamer (1975) on top of it. Great item, RC!

Dave Miedema

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    And it's a first-year Astros rainbow gamer (1975) on top of it. Great item, RC!

Dave Miedema
    Yep, and didn't they only wear the back circle numbers for only that one year, Dave, and went to the more traditional block navy numbers outlined in white in 1976 and thereafter? I always thought it strange that the font on the pant numbers did not match the 1975 back circle jersey font.... Drives me crazy as a graphic designer!

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Shooting Star Astros

Quote Originally Posted by Jayworld View Post
    Yep, and didn't they only wear the back circle numbers for only that one year, Dave, and went to the more traditional block navy numbers outlined in white in 1976 and thereafter? I always thought it strange that the font on the pant numbers did not match the 1975 back circle jersey font.... Drives me crazy as a graphic designer!
    They went to the standard font numbers in 1977. In '76, the actual numbers were the same ornate style, but were larger and sewn directly on to the jersey, without the white circle as a background (see the 1977 Topps card of Bob Watson). The solid navy blue number on top of varying shades of yellow, orange and red horizontal stripes made for a viewing nightmare.

Dave M.