Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Finally Landed My Whale!!!

"gobils123," congrats indeed on landing your whale! I've yet to define my "whale" yet have truly wanted/chased a piece of game worn item(s) due to the player and or the game worn in …it's a wonderful feeling when the item arrives.

The Bills are high on my NFL radar screen this year due to the DE's Mario Williams and Manny Lawson, WR Tobias Palmer and R - tackle Tyson Chandler.
    All played at NC State.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State 1981 alumni

Thanks Tom, its a great feeling indeed and has been a long time coming. It was the only "whale" i ever had a chance to obtain becuase ill just never find a white 86 kelly to complete me home and away kelly set for every yr he played. I know who has it, but its priced more than a used car, so its essentially not for sale I wasnt even sure this existed as he kept a lit if his stuff. It had to be a white double stripe and like i said, the port hole mesh was icing on the cake. Patience paid off this time!! Hopefully the Bills can break the drought this year. The future is as bright as its been for a while, but as talented as the roster is w/o a qb, it could all be for nothing. Either way, go bills!!

As a Giants fan, great jersey

Congrats on the score!
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    Congratulations on your new jersey! I've seen on another board that this guy was the Buffalo Bills official photographer from 1960 to 2002. He has a lot of photos listed on ebay. If anybody is going to have a photo of your jersey he would be the guy.

http://stores.ebay.com/Photos-By-Rob...fsub=422469619
    He was my moms neighbor back in the Buffalo area. The book that he put out is amazing.

I wrote a kind message and complemented this pictures and explained my problem and offered to purchase whatever he had that might be close or him during that year but no response. I cant imagine too many pictures were taken at preseason games back then other wise though :/
    Another thing is this round neck port hole mesh style is kind of unique as its the only time Champion issued large jersey hole mesh. They were mixing Sand Knit and Champion as late as 89 and I believe these were new in 1987 (the 1st yr champion had a large presence w/the bills after many years away) but they were still popping up as late as 89. The best evidence I can find is Kelly's 89 green border pro set card. Its the EXACT same style and even though its an 89 card, he is wearing the long face mask style which was exclusive to 87 for him. Getty Images also has a pic of Kelly in the blue champion port hole, but ive never seen a pic of that being gamed. just the smaller mesh style....
    So, at least I know the yrs roughly

One of my favorite jerseys I've ever seen was a Bills fan wearing a Norwood jersey and the nameplate seemed to have been applied waaaay to far to one side. Once I realized it was very wide right of the intended placement......
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

That pic is shared WWAAYY to often in Buffalo. It always seems to make the rounds on facebook. granted, its pretty funny..

Banned

I have a Norwood gamer from the 80s. Email me if interested.

curiosity email sent

Does this count? A Pedro Strop Chicago Whales jersey from this year vs. the Royals.
    Attached Images Attached Images