Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

April 2015 Pickups

This dugout lineup card came from the collection of then Orioles bench coach, Sam Perlozzo is dated 04/02/01, which happened to not only be Opening Day that season (Pat Hentgen vs Pedro), but more importantly the last Opening Day in the career of Cal Ripken Jr. (wich I had him sign & notate recently):

Also picked up this 1985 Orioles road top of third baseman Wayne Gross

Re: April 2015 Pickups

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    This dugout lineup card came from the collection of then Orioles bench coach, Sam Perlozzo is dated 04/02/01, which happened to not only be Opening Day that season (Pat Hentgen vs Pedro), but more importantly the last Opening Day in the career of Cal Ripken Jr. (wich I had him sign & notate recently):

Also picked up this 1985 Orioles road top of third baseman Wayne Gross

Nice pickup, Bill. Like the significance.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Bill, love the Orioles lineup card.I am sure it will look great displayed if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by geoff View Post
    Bill, love the Orioles lineup card.I am sure it will look great displayed if you do.
    Thanks Geoff & Joel.....Yes I do plan on matting/framing it with my ticket from that game....

Banned

Johnny Pesky 1954 Tigers game worn home set-pants and jersey. Both all original. Pesk only played 20 games total for Detroit before he was traded to Washington in early June. He was only pitch hitting too. He pinched hit a HR on May 25th, at home, before he was traded-so possibly his 17th and last career HR jersey. Comes with a coa from his brother Vince Pesky. From what I've been told, Tiger home jerseys from the 1950s are pretty scarce
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Just in: 2 Kingman bats R161 and S2 from the '78 season, and a Gee Walker from the '38-43 time period. Walker was a member of the '35 Tigers Championship team.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Some Jay Bruce bats. 1 from the '08 season,'13 season,and the '11 season which I've matched to a HR against the Braves and may have been used to tie Eric Davis's record for most HR in a month.

Banned

Teddy:

That is a GREAT Pesky jersey. And, yes, Tigers home flannels from the 1950s and 1960s are rather scarce.

Dave Miedema

I am pretty happy with these unused, Larry Bird Converse Weapon game shoes, likely sent to Larry during ether the 85-86 or 86-87 season. The Weapons he wore during 88 season had an extra rubber support on the back heel, which you can see is not present on these. What I find really cool is that they came with the original box (Bird's name is written on the side). I love 1980's NBA shoes and have not seen a lot with the original box (mine is in pretty rough shape).

Quote Originally Posted by joecoco View Post
    I am pretty happy with these unused, Larry Bird Converse Weapon game shoes, likely sent to Larry during ether the 85-86 or 86-87 season. The Weapons he wore during 88 season had an extra rubber support on the back heel, which you can see is not present on these. What I find really cool is that they came with the original box (Bird's name is written on the side). I love 1980's NBA shoes and have not seen a lot with the original box (mine is in pretty rough shape).

Joe, do you collect 80s NBA? Celts? Can you please email me?

KLhunter84@yahoo.com