Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Beware! Kenssportsmarketing ebay

Quote Originally Posted by stricklyweather26 View Post
    Interesting debate, of which I can see both sides. While I used to immediately leave positive feedback upon payment receipt, as a seller, I've been burned innumerable times by buyers making false claims about items not being delivered (when shipping tracking indicates otherwise), not working, new ones having been opened and used upon receipt, etc. I can't count how many, mainly International buyers, have tried to scam me out of both payment and item by making such false claims. Then when I fight the ebay cases opened against me, which I win but devote time to rectifying, some buyers have gotten pissed and left me negative feedback, to which I have to devote additional time to have removed by ebay. So the dishonest buyers have ruined the process now for all, since I'll be damned if I'm going to leave positive feedback only for them to try and scam me out of both my money and item, and then also leave me negative feedback. Now, regardless of how pleasant the transaction was initially, no buyer feedback is left until I receive appropriate feedback, positive or negative, of my own.
    That's why I no longer do any International selling.

And unfortunately, bad buyers that you and other have dealt with have you basically punishing all buyers due to the actions of a few.

That's why - as I said before - I leave feedback when I'm paid as a seller. i cannot control what the buyer is going to do. But I am also very detailed in my ebay listings so that if I do get a bad feedback or what have you, I have my original listing to use as proof to eBay and PayPal as to how the item was represented and I get tracking on EVERY item regardless of price.

I've had few issues on eBay, but one that stands out that made me shake my head - I sold a '68 Topps set. The key cards - Ryan, Mantle, Aaron and Bench - were all rough except the Bench. The set was maybe a 5 or so overall and represented as such with multiple images and scans of the cards front and back.

Almost two months after I sold the set, I get a notice from eBay that a claim has been opened that the set was 'not as described'. The buyer was claiming that I had described the key cards - specifically Ryan and Mantle - as better than they were. I first asked ebay to pull up my ad and look athe large scans of those two that clearly showed the creases, etc - that were also described in the listing - and then I noticed that the person filing the claim wasn't even the name of the buyer on the shipping manifest.

I wrote them and told them to have the ACTUAL buyer contact me and eBay. The next day, the case was closed - from the buyer - as being resolved and no action from eBay.

My guess is that the buyer flipped the set and THEY misrepresented it and when their buyer was unhappy, they allowed him to access their account and try to get me to take the set back from him.

Anyway, sorry to get off track... just had to share that story!

Quote Originally Posted by beachpetrol View Post
    Buyers can only receive positive feedback. Sellers cannot leave negative feedback to buyers anymore.

Also, feedback is voluntary. It is not mandatory to leave feedback for both buyers and sellers. For buyers or sellers to demand feedback be left, is crazy talk.
    EXACTLY my point.

As far as my stated stance, it started after I had way too many sellers writing telling me that if I liked the item, to leave them POSITIVE feedback - and to make sure I ONLY rated them with 5 stars... and THEN they would leave me feedback.

It was basically a long way around to demanding I leave feedback 1st if I wanted feedback.

I'm sorry so many people have been screwed by bad buyers on eBay, but I didn't do it to you - someone else did.

Making me 'responsible' (for lack of a better word) for someone else's transgression is a pretty crappy way to treat your seller's (imho).

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Making me 'responsible' (for lack of a better word) for someone else's transgression is a pretty crappy way to treat your seller's (imho).
    SORRY - should read BUYER's, NOT Seller's.

Kenssportsmarketing was a nonpayer on one of my ebay auctions in the past couple weeks.
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

How is he not banned by now?