Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Beware! Kenssportsmarketing ebay

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Not to get off track, but I am tired of sellers that refuse to give feedback to buyers - after the buyer has paid - until the buyer gives them feedback about their item.

As a buyer, once I have paid (in a quick or timely manner of course), I am due a POSITIVE feedback as I have completed my end of the deal.

If a seller refuses to leave me feedback unless I leave feedback first, then neither of us will ever get feedback from the deal.

As a seller, I ALWAYS leave Positive feedback as soon as I am paid, because my buyer has fulfilled their end of the deal. If they don't ever leave me feedback, I can't change that and I won;t write them begging for feedback either.

I will note them though and block them from bidding with me again.

Just my .02.

- Smitty
    There was just a huge go-round about this on another forum.

Let me ask you this: if you buy from me, and you receive the item exactly as described, shipped extremely quickly, with reasonable postage costs, haven't I completed MY end of the deal? Therefore, using your own rationale, you should give me positive feedback whether I've left it for you or not. What's good for the goose is also good for the gander, and doing anything else would be hypocritical!

Also, from what I've experienced on ebay, if I blocked my winners who don't leave positives, I'd lose half my clientele.

ken

Quote Originally Posted by xpress34 View Post
    Not to get off track, but I am tired of sellers that refuse to give feedback to buyers - after the buyer has paid - until the buyer gives them feedback about their item.
    There's a specific address in California that I won't leave feedback for as a seller. The same person has now won three items from me (different names & IDs) at the same address, and two of the three times, he complained that the item was damaged due to corrosion or fungal growth in the camera lenses. Normally, I would accept this as a legitimate issue, but the problem is I send the item, it arrives in California four days later. 50 or so days after that, I get a complaint from the buyer, who lives in China, that the item is damaged. For this specific situation (China buyer using non-eBay authorized re-shipper), I won't leave feedback as the seller.

I leave feedback as a seller when I ship the item usually. I leave feedback for a seller when I get an item, if I'm happy with it.

I couldn't care less if someone leaves me feedback in return. I have better things to worry about.

Interesting debate, of which I can see both sides. While I used to immediately leave positive feedback upon payment receipt, as a seller, I've been burned innumerable times by buyers making false claims about items not being delivered (when shipping tracking indicates otherwise), not working, new ones having been opened and used upon receipt, etc. I can't count how many, mainly International buyers, have tried to scam me out of both payment and item by making such false claims. Then when I fight the ebay cases opened against me, which I win but devote time to rectifying, some buyers have gotten pissed and left me negative feedback, to which I have to devote additional time to have removed by ebay. So the dishonest buyers have ruined the process now for all, since I'll be damned if I'm going to leave positive feedback only for them to try and scam me out of both my money and item, and then also leave me negative feedback. Now, regardless of how pleasant the transaction was initially, no buyer feedback is left until I receive appropriate feedback, positive or negative, of my own.

Quote Originally Posted by stricklyweather26 View Post
    Interesting debate, of which I can see both sides. While I used to immediately leave positive feedback upon payment receipt, as a seller, I've been burned innumerable times by buyers making false claims about items not being delivered (when shipping tracking indicates otherwise), not working, new ones having been opened and used upon receipt, etc. I can't count how many, mainly International buyers, have tried to scam me out of both payment and item by making such false claims. Then when I fight the ebay cases opened against me, which I win but devote time to rectifying, some buyers have gotten pissed and left me negative feedback, to which I have to devote additional time to have removed by ebay. So the dishonest buyers have ruined the process now for all, since I'll be damned if I'm going to leave positive feedback only for them to try and scam me out of both my money and item, and then also leave me negative feedback. Now, regardless of how pleasant the transaction was initially, no buyer feedback is left until I receive appropriate feedback, positive or negative, of my own.
    Agreed. It's nothing personal against anyone, but there are far too many avenues to burn a seller on eBay. As a seller, I leave feedback when it's left for me (or when I receive word that the buyer is satisfied with the transaction), and I totally understand when sellers expect the same from me as a buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNationPDX View Post
    Agreed. It's nothing personal against anyone, but there are far too many avenues to burn a seller on eBay. As a seller, I leave feedback when it's left for me (or when I receive word that the buyer is satisfied with the transaction), and I totally understand when sellers expect the same from me as a buyer.
    Amen.

Buyers can only receive positive feedback. Sellers cannot leave negative feedback to buyers anymore.

Also, feedback is voluntary. It is not mandatory to leave feedback for both buyers and sellers. For buyers or sellers to demand feedback be left, is crazy talk.

Agreed with the above. I have been scammed too many times by buyers on eBay, with eBay largely unwilling to address the issues, as illustrated above to immediately offer feedback.

I give positive feedback as soon as the seller does. No sooner, and I have no intention of changing.

Quote Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
    There was just a huge go-round about this on another forum.

Let me ask you this: if you buy from me, and you receive the item exactly as described, shipped extremely quickly, with reasonable postage costs, haven't I completed MY end of the deal? Therefore, using your own rationale, you should give me positive feedback whether I've left it for you or not. What's good for the goose is also good for the gander, and doing anything else would be hypocritical!

Also, from what I've experienced on ebay, if I blocked my winners who don't leave positives, I'd lose half my clientele.

ken
    Ken -

(This is in no way directed at you Ken, just answering your statement)

The point being, as the buyer, I have already paid you before you shipped me anything.

If you are going to try and hold me hostage and refuse to leave feedback until I leave you feedback on your item, then you as the seller can go screw.

I paid and completed my part of the deal FIRST. Therefore, I should receive feedback FIRST.

If you left me feedback when I paid, you will get feedback when I receive.

If you leave me no feedback when I paid, you get no feedback.

Not seeing the argument that this is hypocritical in any way, shape or fashion.

You're argument doesn't hold up. In your scenario, we made and completed a deal with no comments.

Explain to me how I OWE you feedback after I receive the item if you were unwilling to leave me feedback when you received my payment and how I'm a hypocrite if I don't cave and give you feedback 1st?

IF, as a Seller, I did not give feedback as soon as payment is received and then expected others to give me feedback, as a Buyer, when they get my payment, THAT would make me a hypocrite.

Hope we're all good.

- Smitty

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    There's a specific address in California that I won't leave feedback for as a seller. The same person has now won three items from me (different names & IDs) at the same address, and two of the three times, he complained that the item was damaged due to corrosion or fungal growth in the camera lenses. Normally, I would accept this as a legitimate issue, but the problem is I send the item, it arrives in California four days later. 50 or so days after that, I get a complaint from the buyer, who lives in China, that the item is damaged. For this specific situation (China buyer using non-eBay authorized re-shipper), I won't leave feedback as the seller.
    In this situation, I agree with you. You've had multiple issues with the same buyer.

At this point, I would block the buyer and never sell to them again.

Just my .02