Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Fort Myers Spring Training

I'm heading to Fort Myers next month to soak in some rays and to watch Spring Training baseball...I've been to a number of other ST sites, but I've never caught a Twins or Red Sox game...what can I expect at the two stadiums? Other questions:

Best way to buy tickets?
    Any tips on getting autographs (especially for Minnesota)?
    Are practices (on non-game days) open to the public?

Thanks for any info!

Re: Fort Myers Spring Training

Hi Copa, I've owned a condo in N. FT Myers for 4 years and regularly go to the spring training sites. For Boston, usually get there around 9:15am and plenty of parking in the back of the stadium. Usually sold out games, but you can ask around if anybody has tickets for sale. All back fields open to public as the A, AA, and AAA teams play afternoon games for free. Usually see a major leaguer playing in AAA game, saw Victorino playing last year. No real access to major leaguers, but, they sometimes play in those games. Former M.L players as coaches accessible, Tommy Harper, Frank Malzone, Dwight Evans. All others you can conversate during games, as they will watch game from stands, especially pitchers. Minnesota is about 5 mins. away. Not as much access to players as they play on back diamonds and usually can't get back there. I did get Rod Carew, Tom Kelly, Paul Molitor and Justin Morneau auto's, depends on who's there. Again, you'll see M.L players jumping around the AAA field getting ab's. Just have to be diligent and not pushy, ask in a nice tone. Best time is the mornings as not a lot of people go early, but, they will hit any time during the day. Manny Ramirez was a jerkoff to the fans, but, most players are obliging as they either have no important things going or just want to get to the golf course. Boston doesn't allow public to keep any baseballs, the rangers make you throw them back, like , saw them make 2 12 yr. olds throw balls back.