Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Pete Rose is singing a different tune... again

So, Pete Rose has recently back-pedaled on previous comments about not allowing any PED users into the HOF. He's now saying that Bonds & Clemens should be in. While I agree with the sentiment that Bonds & Clemens deserve to be in the HOF (or at least Bonds... I'm starting to rethink Clemens), this just feels like another contrived attempt by Rose to keep his name in the spotlight and lobby for his own candidacy. The current commissioner should revoke Rose's appeal eligibility and just ban him for life, already.

Re: Pete Rose is singing a different tune... again

My first thought was that maybe Rose used Greenies when he played, which could be considered a performance-enhancing drug.

The way I read Rose is this: Whenever there's any kind of situation, he does a calculation to determine what's best for Pete Rose, and then he goes there. So, whatever he says or does, it's all about what he thinks benefits him most.

He said he didn't bet on his team when he thought he could get away with it. He admitted guilt when contrition seemed his best strategy. He autographed baseballs admitting his guilt when he saw he could make money doing so.

Rose used corked bats. That technically cheating too?

Bonds & Clemens do not deserve to be in the HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
    My first thought was that maybe Rose used Greenies when he played, which could be considered a performance-enhancing drug.

The way I read Rose is this: Whenever there's any kind of situation, he does a calculation to determine what's best for Pete Rose, and then he goes there. So, whatever he says or does, it's all about what he thinks benefits him most.

He said he didn't bet on his team when he thought he could get away with it. He admitted guilt when contrition seemed his best strategy. He autographed baseballs admitting his guilt when he saw he could make money doing so.
    I think it'd be hilarious if someone had Rose sign a document (with a notary present) stating that he's a liar, bet on games as a manager and player, bet on the Reds to win and lose, used greenies and leaded coffee, and used corked bats. It would cost about $400 with the inscription, but at least it'd be a bona fide admission.

Quote Originally Posted by danesei@yahoo.com View Post
    I think it'd be hilarious if someone had Rose sign a document (with a notary present) stating that he's a liar, bet on games as a manager and player, bet on the Reds to win and lose, used greenies and leaded coffee, and used corked bats. It would cost about $400 with the inscription, but at least it'd be a bona fide admission.
    I'll bet he would (no pun intended) if some promoter approached him with the idea, and he could sign 1000 of such documents for a cool $40,000.

So, for example, we'd see on ebay something like: Numbered, signed, notarized full Pete Rose confession #438 of 1000.