Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Mlb To Use Pitch Clock In Minor Leagues

Do you think this will affect pitchers that much, having to throw the pitch within 20 seconds, while also having to look at a large clock ticking down behind home plate?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mlb-pit...2792--mlb.html
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Re: Mlb To Use Pitch Clock In Minor Leagues

I'm actually impressed how much support such a stupid idea gets. First of all even in a perfect situation they expect this to save 15minutes max on average. Wow 15minutes? My second problem is the fact there are so many ways to just reset the clock. Stepping off and throwing to a base will both make the clock reset. Another way to delay the clock is for the catcher to hold onto it longer as the clock won't start till the pitcher has it. So is this massive ugly blinking box really worth saving 15minutes of your life? Sadly knowing MLB this will be implemented in 2016 and to me just be annoying and take away from the game. This clock serves no positive purpose in my mind...unless you really consider 15minutes that important.