Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Re: The Kansas City Royals game used thread

Last one for today...

Hosmer game used Home Run bat. I purchased this at FanFest a couple years ago and had it HR photomatched while standing in an autograph line that ended up being Hosmer... bat was already signed, but still was fun to show him.

Career HR #49.

Also it has a really cool, full Rawlings ink transfer.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Okay, one more quick one...

A pair of Big John Mayberry 1976 BiCentennials ... Named Big John for his 6'3 215lb frame, that nowadays would not seem normal. Despite playing 161 games in 1976, it was one of Big John's least successful years at the plate hitting a paltry .232 with just 13 homeruns.

By contrast, in 1975, Big John finished second to Boston's Fred Lynn by a lopsided margin of 326 to 157.
    Lynn 331/21/105 401 OBP 963 OPS
    John 291/34/106 416 OBP 967 OPS
    maybe that vote could have easily gone the other way.

On a personal note, I've gotten to know Big John pretty well the past few years and I've been luckily to meet up with him a number of times to play catch and take some swings in the batting cages. He is one of the funniest guys you will ever meet. Absolutely one of my favorite people I've ever come across.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

photo of me and John from January, was too large and didn't stick the first time...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    Okay, one more quick one...

A pair of Big John Mayberry 1976 BiCentennials ... Named Big John for his 6'3 215lb frame, that nowadays would not seem normal. Despite playing 161 games in 1976, it was one of Big John's least successful years at the plate hitting a paltry .232 with just 13 homeruns.

By contrast, in 1975, Big John finished second to Boston's Fred Lynn by a lopsided margin of 326 to 157.
    Lynn 331/21/105 401 OBP 963 OPS
    John 291/34/106 416 OBP 967 OPS
    maybe that vote could have easily gone the other way.

On a personal note, I've gotten to know Big John pretty well the past few years and I've been luckily to meet up with him a number of times to play catch and take some swings in the batting cages. He is one of the funniest guys you will ever meet. Absolutely one of my favorite people I've ever come across.
    Oh Wes you know you want to come off one of these John sticks!

Couple of late 80's Brett bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Masimen View Post
    Beauties...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Its been well documented that Alex Gordon gets attached to his uniforms and will use an article until it is unusable. Case in point, here is an article from last year's World Series run that discusses how disgusting Alex's hat got during the 2014 season. http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2014/10/25/...-spray-instead

This is not the 2014 hat, but it is a rookie year 2007 game worn hat that seems to indicate that Alex has had this "attachment complex" since the beginning of his career. The hat has the #7 written on the inside which Alex only wore in his rookie season and has been signed with the 7 inscription as well as "GAME USED". The hat came directly from Rich Altman at Hollywood Collectibles, who for a long time had an exclusive deal with Alex.

Alex played 151 games in 2007 at age 23. Owing to his athleticism, he moved around quite a bit logging innings in 137 games at third base, 32 games at first and 1 game at shortstop. This hat is filthy and has all the wear, sweat and grime you'd expect of an Alex Gordon hat worn when he was primarily playing third and first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Masimen View Post
    WOW!! Those are freaking SWEET!

I got another Royals base this year for Opening Day. This is 1st base, 1st inning. I love the jewels. This marks a special base though because my fiancé and I were married in an opening day ceremony at Kaufman Stadium during our yearly OD tailgate party. I added a few links just in case you wanted to share in our little moment.

http://www.foxsports.com/kansas-city...e-the-k-040615

http://www.kctv5.com/story/28735208/...uffman-stadium

http://fox4kc.com/2015/04/06/couples...-lot-of-the-k/

Quote Originally Posted by CampWest View Post
    Its been well documented that Alex Gordon gets attached to his uniforms and will use an article until it is unusable. Case in point, here is an article from last year's World Series run that discusses how disgusting Alex's hat got during the 2014 season. http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2014/10/25/...-spray-instead

This is not the 2014 hat, but it is a rookie year 2007 game worn hat that seems to indicate that Alex has had this "attachment complex" since the beginning of his career. The hat has the #7 written on the inside which Alex only wore in his rookie season and has been signed with the 7 inscription as well as "GAME USED". The hat came directly from Rich Altman at Hollywood Collectibles, who for a long time had an exclusive deal with Alex.

Alex played 151 games in 2007 at age 23. Owing to his athleticism, he moved around quite a bit logging innings in 137 games at third base, 32 games at first and 1 game at shortstop. This hat is filthy and has all the wear, sweat and grime you'd expect of an Alex Gordon hat worn when he was primarily playing third and first.
    That's a filthy hat. I almost bought that but wanted to hold out for a jersey. Us poor folk have to be picky...lol.