Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ichiro Suzuki Baseball Future

Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
    So 8 in the 90's. Less than one per year.
    Bottom line is like so much in baseball there is much conjecture and no way of knowing.
    I think he is one of the best contact hitters I have ever seen not to mention his fielding and base running. I have said many times he was a much better player than Jeter.
    I have nothing but respect for his game and how he played it.
    But he didn't start his career in mlb so what he would have done or when he would have been called up is nothing but guesses.
    Once again, you're trying to use a non-analogous situation to make your case. I said assume Suzuki started his career in his AGE 20 season (the year when he turned 21) of 1994. I assumed he played half his team's games that year and 3/4 of the games the following year.

You keep trying to make a point of the number of 19-yr-olds who made their MLB debut in the 90s, but the scenario called for Suzuki to start his MLB career at 20. So, although you insist on making the point that eight players made their MLB debuts at 19 or younger in the 1990s, the fact remains that 50 (FIFTY) players made their debut at the age of 20 or younger in the 1990s.

As for being inclusive for 70 years, far from it. Just because Branch Rickey allowed Jackie Robinson onto his Dodgers team doesn't mean baseball was inclusive. The Red Sox didn't integrate until 1959 due to pressure from the NAACP and a separate lawsuit filed against Tom Yawkey and Bucky Harris for discrimination in the form of barring black employees (players and executives) from the Red Sox.

Baseball has a history of discrimination, as do most professional sports, in America. That's fact, not opinion.

You win. Merry Christmas!

Guys I appreciate all the discussion in regards to this tread I started for the future of Ichiro I am really glad that I'm not the only one out there that feels this great player deserves his due let him finish his out his career get his records after all look what all he has given us and still continues to give us everytime he enters the field at 41 the guy is awesome!!
    Happy Holidays to all who responded to this blog and thanks!!
    Regards
    Sal bronxbombers1

Latest!!! Yankees are considering signing Ichiro before Baltimore does this will be a wise move for the Yankees considering that Ichiro is still a big draw and name and as discussed before come through if he is in the roster this upcoming year he will be close too his 3000 hit mark and his stolen bases record as well considering he stays healthy I'm sure if he comes close he will be welcomed back in 2016 as well so that another Yankee holds the 3000 hit record legitimately!!!
    Happy New Year!!!

I really hope he doesn't re-sign with the Yankees. It's not anything against the Yankees, per se, but rather a realization that his playing time will be highly diminished on that team. Maybe he'll sign with Tampa.

Quote Originally Posted by emann View Post
    I was at the final Jeter game and mentioned to my wife that it might end up being Ichiro's last game as well...
    Now that he has a contract in hand with the Marlins, you can assure your wife that won't be the case.