Quote Originally Posted by Roady View Post
So 8 in the 90's. Less than one per year.
Bottom line is like so much in baseball there is much conjecture and no way of knowing.
I think he is one of the best contact hitters I have ever seen not to mention his fielding and base running. I have said many times he was a much better player than Jeter.
I have nothing but respect for his game and how he played it.
But he didn't start his career in mlb so what he would have done or when he would have been called up is nothing but guesses.
Once again, you're trying to use a non-analogous situation to make your case. I said assume Suzuki started his career in his AGE 20 season (the year when he turned 21) of 1994. I assumed he played half his team's games that year and 3/4 of the games the following year.

You keep trying to make a point of the number of 19-yr-olds who made their MLB debut in the 90s, but the scenario called for Suzuki to start his MLB career at 20. So, although you insist on making the point that eight players made their MLB debuts at 19 or younger in the 1990s, the fact remains that 50 (FIFTY) players made their debut at the age of 20 or younger in the 1990s.

As for being inclusive for 70 years, far from it. Just because Branch Rickey allowed Jackie Robinson onto his Dodgers team doesn't mean baseball was inclusive. The Red Sox didn't integrate until 1959 due to pressure from the NAACP and a separate lawsuit filed against Tom Yawkey and Bucky Harris for discrimination in the form of barring black employees (players and executives) from the Red Sox.

Baseball has a history of discrimination, as do most professional sports, in America. That's fact, not opinion.