Hey everyone-

I wanted to let you know about a charitable project I was working on. Chris Cavalier was kind enough to let me post this on here.

Over Thanksgiving a story was published about former Buffalo Bills star Darryl Talley dealing with crippling physical and financial hardships. In one week, the people of Buffalo and West Virginia donated over $150,000 to Talley to help him as he is tested for neurological issues possibly related to his hard hitting play on the field.

One reason Talley spoke out was to let people know he isn't alone. Many former players from every team are dealing with similar issues. I worked with some folks in Buffalo (Del Reid from @TheBillsMafia and designer Josh Benkelman) to create a tribute shirt of Talley, with proceeds going to Mike Ditka's charity Gridiron Greats, which helps former players in dire need.

On the shirt is a phrase from a poem that legendary Bills coach Marv Levy used to read to the team when times were tough. It goes:

"Fight on my men," Sir Andrew said. "A little I’m hurt, but not yet slain. I’ll just lie down and bleed a while… THEN I’LL RISE AND FIGHT AGAIN."

If you'd like to buy a shirt or hoodie and help former players who gave it all to the game we love, please check out
http://www.youandwho.com/darryl-talley-tribute.html
Thanks and if you can, please help spread the word,
Eric