So Giancarlo Stanton has signed for $325 million for 13 years. I understand that if someone is willing to pay this kind of money the guy has a right to take it. But there is something out of whack here. A person making $250 thousand a year, an excellent salary, would have to work 40 years to make $10 million. I guess I think back to the early 60's when Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays, two legitimate Hall of Famers, were being paid $100,000 a year. I know that was a lot of money in the 60's. But it doesn't come close to a salary like Stanton's is today.People could accept that players like Mays and Mantle were special talents and should be paid accordingly. I don't remember a lot of people complaining. There is such a thing as excess, and this salary and the ones paid ARod are excessive. There are soldiers and police and firemen and lots of others who make our society work and don't get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars. Don't get me wrong, I know that they will never get paid that kind of money and that superstar athletes will always get paid more. That's how it works. But its the amount of difference that is wrong. That is where excess comes in.