Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Congrats Royals Fans!

Another great win highlighted by a Moose catch for the ages. Every long suffering fan base is watching this team in envy right now.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Banned

Smile Re: Congrats Royals Fans!

3 down, 1 to go....time to finish the deal, Royals!

Dave M.

Congrats Royals Fans! Who would have picked KS even a month ago?

Enjoy it, y'all certainly waited long enough to see your guys in the Series, 4 more boys!
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

It is unreal. This season is magical. From me and my fiance hosting SungWoo in Kansas City to the playoffs and now world series. Didn't miss a playoff game however the WS is a different story with these ticket prices. GO ROYALS!

Thanks for the support and encouragement Gingi. Sorry I missed this thread a couple months back. I've not been frequenting the forums for quite a while.

It was an incredibly fun and exciting run. To answer the question posed earlier though, I'd rather be in contention occasionally than spending the better part of 30 years as the laughing stock of the league. Then again, I'd trade one championship for a half dozen failed playoffs.

True to my luck, I've been following the Royals devotedly for 40 years. The first time I am old enough to go to a playoff game I had major conflicts. I missed the Wild Card game as I was in Phoenix for business. I ended up skipping a business dinner and finding some other KC fans in the resort bar and still had a great time, but feel like I missed out on attending the best game I'd maybe ever see.

I then missed the ALDS and ALCS the following two weeks as I was overseas in London and Luxembourg for work followed by a vacation to Ireland. I tried to keep up with the games streaming to my laptop from pubs and hotel rooms in the early morning hours. Actually one game I watched from 1am to 5am in Luxembourg the morning before I had to present at a board meeting. And I made quite a ruckus in a pub in Dublin the night the Royals clinched the ALCS, poor Irish, Germans and Dutch had no idea what the crazy American in the corner was doing.

Thankfully, my boys in blue held out long enough though and I was home in time for the World Series and was able to attend three of the games in person and enjoy watch parties with various groups of friends for the others.

It was a great ride. I wish we hadn't come up short, but it was an incredible experience and has me craving a return ride... I just hope I don't have to wait until I'm 70 to see it, I may not make it that far...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

You know you are used to pulling for a perennial losing team when you plan your business trips and vacations during the playoffs. LOL

Sorry CampWest, I am sure most Cubs fans do the same thing.

And I am just playing, no hurt feelings meant.
    It was just too easy and I couldn't resist.