Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Zane Burns

What is this a witch hunt???

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    What is this a witch hunt???
    I don't think anyone said hes a witch I think members here can express experiences/observations about all sellers, ebay/auction houses etc.

I purchased a bat from Zane and I was happy with the quality and price I used the offer option and he accepted I would purchase from him again if he had a bat I wanted at a price I was willing to pay

I too have dealt with Zane several times over the past year, including several purchases of mid-range g/u bats (both Taube graded bats, so use wasn't an issue for me). I found him to be very professional and willing to negotiate.

While his initial asking prices are unquestionably lofty, he's very knowledgable and knows what the true market value actually is. In the two purchases I made, he cut his price by more than half...to a point I felt was the true market value. During a third negotiation, he again cut his price considerably, but we simply couldn't agree on market value/price.

I am very happy with both purchases and wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again.

Bottom line: His stuff is good, hes knowledgeable, his asking prices are crazy and sometimes he accepts a reasonable offer. I marvel holding the inventory and relisting it for years, but its his deal. Wouldn't be my business plan.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbaseball View Post
    Bottom line: His stuff is good, hes knowledgeable, his asking prices are crazy and sometimes he accepts a reasonable offer. I marvel holding the inventory and relisting it for years, but its his deal. Wouldn't be my business plan.
    Or listing items such as the Barry Larkin bat as "Rookie era" when Larkin did not use the number #11 listed on the bat till years into his career? This is ok if it is a minor slip up, but he has been notified that the listing detail is incorrect.
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.

Zane is a friend of mine - with that being said, are some of his prices high? Probably, but that's his choice. But as a previous poster mentioned, he is very knowledgeable about baseball stuff.

Seems like more of the "critiquing" on here is straight up attacking others. There is a difference and a tactful way to "critique" other collectors/sellers. Just my two cents.

He sold me a Ortiz bat that was 33" as game issued. Seemed odd to me so i returned it. Seemed more retail to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Zane is a friend of mine - with that being said, are some of his prices high? Probably, but that's his choice. But as a previous poster mentioned, he is very knowledgeable about baseball stuff.

Seems like more of the "critiquing" on here is straight up attacking others. There is a difference and a tactful way to "critique" other collectors/sellers. Just my two cents.
    This post started out with, "Does anyone know if there is a way to block an eBay user from showing in your search results? It would make life much easier if the hundreds of Zane's bats did not show up on eBay. Why he does not have his own website, is beyond me" and took a turn in a whole different direction, which can be perceived as negative.

There are many sellers who do the same thing.

Possibly would have been better to not mention the person trying to be blocked and just asked the question how to do it.

Just my two cents.
    Regards, Tony

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Banned

Zane's a good dude. But I agree it's a pain weeding thru his huge horde of bats!