Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ray Rice

Re: Ray Rice

Quote Originally Posted by BU54CB View Post
    If you choose players based on morals in fantasy football, you wouldn't be able to play.
    You would have to bench your defense every week. I am pretty sure you can find a domestic violence case on every team.

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    You would have to bench your defense every week. I am pretty sure you can find a domestic violence case on every team.
    Quote Originally Posted by BU54CB View Post
    If you choose players based on morals in fantasy football, you wouldn't be able to play.
    This is part of the reason I didn't draft Carolina's D. Couple the fact ESPN just ran an article about how Raven's fans still support Rice using a photo of a woman in a Raven's jersey?

I'm not talking morals, he cold clocked a woman who he then became engaged to, to protect himself as the state of Maryland can't force a wife to incriminate their husband.

Michael Vick was ostracized and drafted much less often when he came back from having dogs fight. Guess Ray Rice hit the wrong type of bitch, huh?
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Ravens fans still loyal to Ray Rice

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...-thursday-game

Morals anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by helf35 View Post
    What he did was wrong we can all agree on that but how do you justify giving him a lifetime ban yet Stallworth and others only get a 1 year ban for a manslaughter charge? Also if he was truthful about the extent of the incident with the Ravens and the NFL and the only thing that has changed is the public has seen the video how can you cut him and ban him? I fully agree he is a giant piece of %&#$ and should never get to play again but how can you compare this with other suspensions and incidents in the league. Ray Lewis paid off the victims family's to avoid jail time and he is a hero to Ravens Nation. How can you compare a haymaker to a murder? I wonder if Rice actually has some sort of lawsuit against the NFL and Ravens as an option now especially if they had indeed seen the tape. The only variable that has changed is the public has seen the tape.
    Stallworth's manslaughter charge was an accident, pure and simple. He police and prosecutors all agree that the guy ran out into the street suddenly before he was hit. The difference between that and Ray Ray was that Rice's action was conducted with malice intent.

Ray Lewis, well he turned states evidence to avoid a murder charge. Fans are terrible for who they will cheer for and defend, and yet, you can't ever reprimand them. They have cheered for a guy that beat a murder charge by diming on his friends and paying off the family, and have cheered for a guy that knocked the crap out of his girlfriend on tape.

I keep hearing people on tv and the internet, including Congressmen and Senators now, calling for the NFL to get tougher on domestic violence.
    What is so laughable is Rice under our system of law didn't get anything but a slap on the wrist. The judge in the case said he would not have faced any jail time for hitting her and knocking her out cold.
    Maybe before telling the NFL to get tougher on domestic violence we as a society should get tougher on it first.