Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

$1 Million in Rare Baseball Memorabilia Discovered at 'Antiques Roadshow' Taping

Re: $1 Million in Rare Baseball Memorabilia Discovered at 'Antiques Roadshow' Taping

Time to win the lottery!
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Re: $1 Million in Rare Baseball Memorabilia Discovered at 'Antiques Roadshow' Taping

Very cool stuff, and I'm not trying to be the guy that has to question everything, but do you think that stuff would really realize that much if sold? They said the most valuable item was a letter about how much the guy liked the cooking? Again, I know very little about vintage stuff, and I know previously-unknown-to-exist cards could potentially be a gold mine, but a million bucks?

With auctions I have learned that one never knows who much things will go for.
    The best the appraiser can do is an educated guess based on past experience.

“We’ve never seen these cards before,” Dunbar said. “We didn’t even know they existed.”
    If those fifteen cards are truly unique, I can easily believe the million dollar appraisal. Look at the ridiculous prices some folks are willing to pay for modern items simply because they're 1/1.

Quote Originally Posted by godwulf View Post
    If those fifteen cards are truly unique, I can easily believe the million dollar appraisal. Look at the ridiculous prices some folks are willing to pay for modern items simply because they're 1/1.
    I agree.