Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Jim Kelly Gamer Collection

I meant provenance not prominence :-)

does any one else have pics? I love seeing other ones, or any Bills jerseys as well for that matter!!!

That's a world-class collection! I had the chance to spend the day and evening with Jim at the 2010 Houston Gamblers Reunion.... What a class act he was towards all the other Gambler players, staff and family.

One of the prized possessions in my Gamblers archives is a USFL game ball that Kelly took from his locker and gave to a VIP who was passing through the Astrodome locker room (Jim signed the ball several years later when he saw the fellow again).

Houston loves Jim Kelly!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anthony Nunez
    Historian, USFL Houston Gamblers
    www.Houston-Gamblers.com

Wow!! That ball is amazing!! Thank you for sharing pictures, and it sounds like there was a cool story behind it. I'm smart enough to know I'll probably never even see pics of a gamblers Kelly gamer or issue, but a custom one would be really cool. I wasnt a fan if the Majestic remakes as they didnt look spot on (kind of how mitchell ness/reebok legends use the incorrect font for their current Bills throwbacks) although it doesn't appear as if ut would be a difficult jersey to reproduce. 2 of the Kellys came via trade with a fantastic board member who I know has a great Bills collection, but I was suprised there are not more Bills collectors on here solely because here in the Buffalo area, there are some die hard collectors and there are so many Buffalo transplants I would have guessed this forum would be the perfect outlet for jersey discussion. I would imagine most times are the same way, but the 80s and 90s bills jerseys have so many inconsistencies that even if there were a definitive catalouge there would still be times some "rules" are broken. Its fun to see other people collections and learn about all the different stuff out there. Thanks again for the read and sharing!!

Really? No more Kelly or Bills pics anyone wants to share? Im suprised!!

New addition thanks to a fellow boardie. Ive been after this one for a while!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I don't have any Bills jerseys from the 90s but I have these.

Patches.

The Jackson jersey is hammered!

Moulds GI

Poz GI

Very nice 2000s gamers!!! Ive got some various other 90s Bills Champion gamers im going to post in the classifieds soon

Quote Originally Posted by genius View Post
    so that's where they all are! Awesome collection, thanks for sharing and I sure hope Jim wins his battle!
    LOL. I was thinking the same thing about the jerseys.

Also, I 100% agree regarding Jim's current challenge.

-Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Thanks all for the kind words!! There is a local store that has a few more, but at $500 a piece, there they will stay!