Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Reggie White Super Bowl Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by VISUALCONCEPTSNJ View Post
    Good Luck to all and P.S.... VISUALCONCEPTSNJ is back in the bidding!!!
    Good luck Jay, jhunt28, and to everyone else bidding...it's a great looking helmet!

Quote Originally Posted by JDubbs73 View Post
    Good luck Jay, jhunt28, and to everyone else bidding...it's a great looking helmet!
    Thanks so much...

Best of luck to all the people bidding on the Barry helmet. Thing passed the 20k mark! Looks like whoever wins it though will be getting a solid piece of history

Talking Re: Reggie White Super Bowl Jersey

I am also glad I was wrong about this helmet. I agree this is the best Barry item ever auctioned. Does anyone need to sell one of his jerseys to get this lid??? I'm looking for one. Good luck to all!!
    Always looking for Georgia Bulldogs game used.
    email: jgiles2448@yahoo.com

Clearly I'm interested in the helmet...but what are people's thoughts on the value of a "pro bowl" helmet that looks like it has only been documented to have been worn for one game? Given the rarity of a Barry helmet, how much does this diminish the value?

I own a helmet that came from a star qb that was obtained from the pro bowl, and is matched to every game of the year. I also own a helmet from a star qb that can be matched to the pro bowl, but only 3 other regular season games.

How do you think these attributes affect each helmets value?

For this same auction,

I question the Hardy Nickerson helmet...

Nickerson never wore that facemask, never had that padding as well.
    The front forhead pad has been removed too.
    Chin Strap does not match as well.
    Wonder if this was a backup helmet with new parts put on it.
    Would be interested to know the story of this.

The facesmak is similar to Brad Culpepper's style, but couldn't find a pic of him with a black soft chinstrap

http://www.worthridge.com/Hardy-Nick...ay--LOT99.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    Clearly I'm interested in the helmet...but what are people's thoughts on the value of a "pro bowl" helmet that looks like it has only been documented to have been worn for one game? Given the rarity of a Barry helmet, how much does this diminish the value?

I own a helmet that came from a star qb that was obtained from the pro bowl, and is matched to every game of the year. I also own a helmet from a star qb that can be matched to the pro bowl, but only 3 other regular season games.

How do you think these attributes affect each helmets value?
    Obviously I'm very interested in the helmet as well and view it the same way that I would a Michael Jordan photo matched All Star game jersey. Very unique and rare. Also only used for one game but I would pay more to own that than an ordinary regular season game worn jersey any day...
    I feel that this being a Pro Bowl worn helmet helps the value rather than hurt it... but then again- that's just me...
    although there is no solid proof YET, this helmet has a 1996 recon sticker inside which means it was recon'd after Dec 1995 and before Feb 1996... so there is a good chance that it could've been used in the 1994 or/ and 1995 regular season but not an easy match due to the recon right before the Pro Bowl... Especially due to the fact that the Lions recycled equipment like crazy back in the 90's...
    just something to think about...

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    Clearly I'm interested in the helmet...but what are people's thoughts on the value of a "pro bowl" helmet that looks like it has only been documented to have been worn for one game?
    Given the rarity of finding a true, documented Sanders piece, in my opinion it wouldn't diminish the value. How many legit Sanders helmets have traded hands? I don't remember one. The fact that it came from Reggie White's estate also adds to its history.

I'll be jumping into the ring on this shortly, good luck to everyone!
    WTB -
    Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
    Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
    Jose Canseco A's GU jersey

Some great info here.

I hope to win several key pieces to my collection.

I already got outbid on the Sanders helmet but am not done quite yet.

Good luck to everyone and may the man with the deepest pockets win lol

Any guesses on the final hammer? I cannot see it topping the Walter Payton lid for $68k....