Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Re: Reggie White Super Bowl Jersey

Jhunt.. I never once mentioned anything of his collection.. Alls I said was about his "opinions" on matches..

Quote Originally Posted by GMEN92 View Post
    I would have to disagree with you James .. Aka visual
    This jersey definitely matches up.. See attached pic ..

I find it funny how you bashed the helmet and told all it was fake and no way real..

Then all of a sudden the photo Match you provided saying it was fake all a sudden happen to show it was real..hmmmm

Perhaps it was a failed effort to downplay it so you can get it cheaper..

I personally looked into this sanders jersey and I found a few matches. So I guess your not the only one with a sanders matched jersey..

I don't see why you talk negative about stuff just to wind up putting your foot in your mouth, as we are all here to be helpful and educate one another..

Let's see maybe you just missed the photo match as you did with the helmet.. ??
    I doubt it..
    So I hope these matches help others see the truth and that it wouldn't be just another down playing by visual
    I must admit, very impressive side by side presentation… but why focus on the blurry jumbled bottom part of the "2" and cut off the top part that clearly tells it all?!?!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Jhunt.. I never once mentioned anything of his collection.. Alls I said was about his "opinions" on matches..
    My opinions and my side by sides are only to try to help the hobby in the best way that I can. I am no expert by any means and yes I do make mistakes at times and am glad to admit when I am wrong… I never make mistakes purposely for any dishonest reasons…

I have been involved in way too many bashings over the years on this forum and quite honestly find it annoying and exhausting…
    I am done talking about this jersey and will return to my original statement…
    I have NO COMMENT and I will NOT be bidding on it…
    Best of luck to anyone who does...

First off..
    Can you show the larger version of the "2" your showing ..
    I find it odd the the bottom matches so good but not the top..

Secondly you know that's not my side by side as you seen that weeks ago as well that's Marshall's view on the jersey .. So we both know him and he does very quality matches ..

Third how can you bash using loose threads to say its a match or not ..
    If I not mistaken isn't that the way you matched your Brady jersey ..?

As others are interested in the jersey and so am I .. Also awaiting video of the game to try and better match it ..

I thank anyone in advance if they can help as well ..as they did with the helmet..
    I agree that's what the forum is good for.. And hope others will give there points as well

And visual as you stated your negative opinion on the helmet.. Didn't you already have the photos of the match at that time you made those remarks ..As I'm the one that got you all the pics you used. .So seems funny to me..

But enough about the helmet and that story.. Good luck to all bidding..

And again if anyone else can chime in on the jersey I would appreciate it..

I would have to disagree with you James .. Aka visual
    This jersey definitely matches up.. See attached pic ..

I find it funny how you bashed the helmet and told all it was fake and no way real..

Then all of a sudden the photo Match you provided saying it was fake all a sudden happen to show it was real..hmmmm

Perhaps it was a failed effort to downplay it so you can get it cheaper..

I personally looked into this sanders jersey and I found a few matches. So I guess your not the only one with a sanders matched jersey..

I don't see why you talk negative about stuff just to wind up putting your foot in your mouth, as we are all here to be helpful and educate one another..

Let's see maybe you just missed the photo match as you did with the helmet.. ??
    I doubt it..
    So I hope these matches help others see the truth and that it wouldn't be just another down playing by visual
    I used the same "2" that you provided in your posting on the left side with the yellow circles and here is the "2" off of the Auction site which clearly shows the mesh pattern inside the top part. I had that photo that I posted of the top part of the "2" saved from when the jersey was presented to me for sale the first time around… I think it was taken of the jersey from the owners cell phone or something and sent to me through a mutual collector when the item was being offered.

Why would you say that you have provided me with photos?!?! When you definitely have NOT…

This is just getting way too weird for me…

But anyway...Just because I was not interested in this fine ensemble the first time around, was asked "my opinion" this time around and chose to give "no comment" and clearly stated that I would not bid on it *once again when asked* I don't feel that this should have escalated to this level. When "matches" were provided, I simply showed the areas of the jersey "in my opinion" that I was uncomfortable with, I don't feel deserves a full on attack, does it?!
    This is America. Everyone can buy what they choose to, bid on what they choose to, and should not be personally attacked, criticized or judged if they do not want an item or do not feel comfortable with something.
    I NEVER once said the jersey/ uniform was bad. It just simply isn't for me. THAT'S IT.
    Once again… I am NOT interested in this item. I will NOT be bidding on this item. I am not an expert in this hobby or in photo matching. I do the best that I can to contribute to the hobby for the enjoyment of it and anything that I post is simply OPINION and NOT FACT!!! Once again… There are no ulterior motives behind any of my postings.
    If I was trying to pull a fast one with the Barry helmet, wouldn't I have posted the MATCHES AFTER the auction closed and saved myself a ton of money on it during the bidding process?!?! NO!!! I don't operate that way. I provided the matches now and apologized publicly so everyone would have a fair shot at it and know exactly that they were bidding on a genuine piece… Think about that for a minute…
    Again… Good Luck to all in all of the auctions...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

First off..
    Can you show the larger version of the "2" your showing ..
    I find it odd the the bottom matches so good but not the top..

Secondly you know that's not my side by side as you seen that weeks ago as well that's Marshall's view on the jersey .. So we both know him and he does very quality matches ..

Third how can you bash using loose threads to say its a match or not ..
    If I not mistaken isn't that the way you matched your Brady jersey ..?

As others are interested in the jersey and so am I .. Also awaiting video of the game to try and better match it ..

I thank anyone in advance if they can help as well ..as they did with the helmet..
    I agree that's what the forum is good for.. And hope others will give there points as well

And visual as you stated your negative opinion on the helmet.. Didn't you already have the photos of the match at that time you made those remarks ..As I'm the one that got you all the pics you used. .So seems funny to me..

But enough about the helmet and that story.. Good luck to all bidding..

And again if anyone else can chime in on the jersey I would appreciate it..
    Final comment…

The Brady jersey was matched by hit marks by on the front of the jersey and shoulder A loose thread on the back in the correct spot ADDED to it. That jersey was also authenticated by a Premier company in the hobby as well to make it 1000% rock solid. Before It was authenticated, the Brady jersey too was photo matched in MY OPINION...

Also, I was provided the hi res helmet photos late at night (because the mutual collector that provided them is 3 hours behind me in time- west coast), I realized the helmet was good, did the collages, and posted my findings and apologized early the following morning/ afternoon (I really don't recall the time). Again, do not make false statements and say that YOU provided me with any photos because you definitely have NOT!!!
    Say what you want from this point on but I promise you that you will not trigger another response out of me…
    Thanks

Ask him where he got the pictures from...your welcome..

And agreed I'm done with it as well.. Just hoping someone else can provide some more on the jersey..

Does anyone have Lions jerseys from this time period to compare the repair style?? The repairs I see on this jersey are not like those I have seen on other Sanders jerseys. Can you guys with Barry jerseys or Lions jerseys check that?? Thanks in advance.
    Always looking for Georgia Bulldogs game used.
    email: jgiles2448@yahoo.com

The wear on the Sanders jersey in my opinion is not consistent. Especially around the collar. It looks almost new. It should be stretched a little and show some use.

Jay/Jason,

Thanks for your input. I didn't realize the thread would blow up into what it has. I initially thought the Reebok logos on the shoulders didn't seem to match the game day picture but like I said, I'm a novice when it comes to photo matching. I have a early 90's Jerry Ball jersey with a ton of team repairs. I can post pics of it if that will help. Otherwise I do not have much to add.

Again, I appreciate everyone's input!

Peace,

John