Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Reggie White Super Bowl Jersey

Surely someone has a video from this game to get a look at the rear of the helmet. Anyways, here is what I see....

1- The bottom rivet appears to line up with the lions decal rear paw. No issue there.
    2- The chinstrap appears to have the same buckle location on strap. No issue.
    3- But, what appears to be the upper rivet (next to the tail)is higher in the game photo when compared to the auction helmet.
    4- Not the best pic to use, but there looks like other scuffs on the lion and rear of helmet that are not on the auction helmet.

Please take this for what it is... another opinion. Good luck to anyone bidding.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Always looking for Georgia Bulldogs game used.
    email: jgiles2448@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by paul457 View Post
    Some of the black Riddell logos were decals, which might explain some of the leftover goo by the warning label. Not sure of the timeframe of when they used painted logos vs decals. But if the helmet was reconditioned the painted logo would be erased, unless Riddell did all of the reconditioning in 1995.
    The decals did not replace the Riddell printed logo until at least 2000. Riddell's reconditioning in 1995 was All American which used a small shield size decal on the inside or outside of the helmet as seen on most of the Cowboys helmets, 49ers helmets, and Lions helmets from this era.

Good luck on the auction.

Quote Originally Posted by UGA-1 View Post
    Surely someone has a video from this game to get a look at the rear of the helmet. Anyways, here is what I see....

1- The bottom rivet appears to line up with the lions decal rear paw. No issue there.
    2- The chinstrap appears to have the same buckle location on strap. No issue.
    3- But, what appears to be the upper rivet (next to the tail)is higher in the game photo when compared to the auction helmet.
    4- Not the best pic to use, but there looks like other scuffs on the lion and rear of helmet that are not on the auction helmet.

Please take this for what it is... another opinion. Good luck to anyone bidding.
    AWESOME observation… While looking at your side by side comparison, another thing jumped out at me as well…

Amazing... I thought this helmet was going to sneak through the cracks...I guess I'll show you guys the nail in the coffin so you can see that this was Barry's helmet. Although the only problem is that I'm pretty sure this was a backup helmet, with the only evidence of game use being in the 1996 Pro Bowl. Although I still hope visual contacts stays out of the bidding!

http://www.apimages.com/metadata/Ind...02297c11d4/4/0

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post
    Amazing... I thought this helmet was going to sneak through the cracks...I guess I'll show you guys the nail in the coffin so you can see that this was Barry's helmet. Although the only problem is that I'm pretty sure this was a backup helmet, with the only evidence of game use being in the 1996 Pro Bowl. Although I still hope visual contacts stays out of the bidding!

Quote Originally Posted by VISUALCONCEPTSNJ View Post
    To be totally honest... I have my holy grail Sanders piece that is 10000%. I am not totally convinced about this helmet and have absolutely no interest in it whatsoever. I will not be involved in the bidding process... Best of luck.

During the 1994 Pro Bowl , as well as through 2000's. I've noticed some players having more than one game helmet from their team with them. This trend seem to have started after 3 of the Dallas Cowboys got their helmets stolen from their lockers. I've also noticed players have traded helmets before the Pro Bowl game. Then on game day the same 2 players would be wearing their own team helmet. So it seems that the back up issue for the helmet, has turned into just more to trade with other players.
    So my thought on Barry's lid is he could have had more than one during Pro Bowl week.

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt28 View Post

I would like to apologize to the forum for any inaccurate information/ opinion that I may have posted earlier about this Barry Sanders helmet...
    This thread and the real/ fake theories really got me interested over the past few days and truly inspired me to dig even deeper to come to a conclusion that is true fact and not just possibility.
    After several hours of research, hi-res photos, and game film, I can 100% say (IN MY OPINION) that THIS IS the helmet that Barry Sanders wore in the 1996 Pro Bowl game... Here is the proof and the PHOTOMATCHES!!!!
    THIS HAS TOO BE THE MOST AMAZING GAME WORN ITEM THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN IN ALL MY YEARS OF COLLECTING!!! ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING...

Good Luck to all and P.S.... VISUALCONCEPTSNJ is back in the bidding!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VISUALCONCEPTSNJ View Post
    I would like to apologize to the forum for any inaccurate information/ opinion that I may have posted earlier about this Barry Sanders helmet...
    This thread and the real/ fake theories really got me interested over the past few days and truly inspired me to dig even deeper to come to a conclusion that is true fact and not just possibility.
    After several hours of research, hi-res photos, and game film, I can 100% say (IN MY OPINION) that THIS IS the helmet that Barry Sanders wore in the 1996 Pro Bowl game... Here is the proof and the PHOTOMATCHES!!!!
    THIS HAS TOO BE THE MOST AMAZING GAME WORN ITEM THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN IN ALL MY YEARS OF COLLECTING!!! ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING...

Good Luck to all and P.S.... VISUALCONCEPTSNJ is back in the bidding!!!

You're not making this easy for me