Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ken Griffey Jr. and Eddie Murray Bats

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier39 View Post
    You didn't miss much, didn't look like it had much use.

What info did you find, out of curiosity?
    The use wasn't heavy but that is consistent with the number of plate appearances Eddie had is 1997, nine. This flame burned bat was ordered on 8/26/97 (thanks to Mike Specht), just in time for Eddie's '97 debut with the Dodgers, on 9/5/97. Ramon Martinez was the starting pitcher that game and Eddie had a 2 RBI pinch hit single, which was his second to last career hit. The next day he got his last career hit in another pinch hit appearance. It is possible that this bat was given to Ramon after the win on 9/5/97, and could have been used for Eddie's career hit 3254. And while I didn't come across any images of his last two hits, I was able to rule out one plate appearance where Eddie used a hickory finished LS. One other pic I saw shows him using a Rawlings, but I do not know which AB that was, although it was in '97 in a Dodger uniform. That brings the number of possible PA that this bat could have been used to 7. Good chance he used a different bat in every PA because he probably wanted to gift them, including this one.

I know the reputation that Celebzdirect has but don't care because this bat spoke for itself. I was going to bid accordingly and with the hope of finding a pic of Murray at the plate on 9/5/97, because I think this is the bat he used. Unhappy to miss out. Should have called with an offer Scot couldn't refuse.

I hear ya. Sounds like you did your hw.

Still looking for a killer Murray LS O's gamer with tape rings. To any of you who has one, I'd like to hear from you.

rodhall@hotmail.com

Rod

If you own this bat or one similar in quality, please contact me at rodhall@hotmail.com. I'll pay you more than you paid for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bump for Murray

Bump

Picked up a nice Dodgers Murray with provenance. Many thanks to the owner who let me buy it.

Still looking for great, early O's Murray with rings and early ('89-92) handle-taped Junior gamers.

Rod

Still looking for these priority bats. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

I realize not every bat collector is a member here or even visits the site. But many members know lots of these folks. With that in mind, I can offer a finder's fee of 10% of the purchase price to anyone with a lead that results in a sale (e.g. $500 on a bat bought for $5k).

Thanks

Rod
    rodhall@hotmail.com

Are you still looking for a game used Ken Griffey Jr. bat? Interested in one from his time with the Reds?

AWA85@live.com
    Looking for: Joey Votto game used items.