Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

NEW MLB auctions

Wasn't sure if a thread had been started on this or not but I got this email today about MLB launching a new auction site and wanted to give everyone a heads up...I'm looking forward to seeing what the mobile version is like and also like the fact that they've finally added a zoom feature....here's the email I got...

Tigers Authentics
    Detroit Tigers Authentics
    Dear Jace,

Hi. I wanted to let you know that on Thursday, March 20th at 10am est MLB Auctions will be launching a new auction site. The look and feel will be similar to MLB Shop, but with an auction stamp! Below, are some highlighted new features:

-video can be included in each listing
    -auction listings images will have zoom feature
    -customers will have the option to post any listings directly to their social media accounts (Face Book, Twitter)
    -MLB Auctions will have a mobile site and bidding will now be easier from your phone!
    -After the initial launch some new auction functionality will be added, which will include "group buying" and "Bid or Buy."

All customers will be able to login to the auction site if they have a MLB.com user name created. All credit card information will have to be re-entered. NO data from the old site will be transferred.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marc Himelstein | Director, Authentics | Detroit Tigers
    2100 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48201 | P: (313) 471-2064 | F: (313) 471-2297

Tigers TicketsDetroit Tigers WebsiteDetroit Tigers FacebookDetroit Tigers Twitter

Shop the Tigers Authentic Store
    Tigers Home Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Join Our Mailing List
    Forward email
    Always on the lookout for Evan Longoria GU items
    txacerj23@aol.com

Re: NEW MLB auctions

Do you know if it will be accessable through the team web sight like they are now ? The Pirates page is dwindling down to just baseball cards right now .

I can't say 100% for sure but I would assume they would...It looks like they set almost every single auction to end tonight on the 19th so that when the new site launches tomorrow they will have all new listings with the better searching options
    Always on the lookout for Evan Longoria GU items
    txacerj23@aol.com

I dont think the site doesn't looks any different, but all the listings are gone
    Always looking for Noah Syndergaard, Charlie Blackmon, Jordan Pacheco & Kenneth Faried items, thx!

Quote Originally Posted by lengthwise1 View Post
    I dont think the site doesn't looks any different, but all the listings are gone
    To my understanding its a totally new site. Not the same address.

Also I don't think the new one is live yet.

I emailed MLB Auctions to see if they have an ETA for it to be live. They are usually fast to reply...I will update with any info they give.

New site is live:

auctions.mlb.com

Only difference is an "s" on auction

Seems different to me. Maybe because its new and it takes a little time to get use to but it doesn't seem as easy to navigate thru as the old site.
    The old site had tabs that broke it down into specific groups of items like game used that you could select to view. I'm not seeing the same type of thing on the new site.

I appreciate you posting this.

the new site is interesting much easier to see from across the room