Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

NFL Auctions bidding irregularities

Last month I bid on and won an Alex Boone game worn 49er jersey on NFL Auctions. I have been waiting for the jersey for about 2 weeks to arrive and since it had not I decided to look into it. I looked up the auction results and found that the under bidder was listed as the winner and my winning bid was no longer recorded. I know that I won the jersey because I watched the auction end and saw that I was the winner. Has anyone else have this happen to them?

The only thing I can think of is that my credit card had expired and they contacted the under bidder and offered the shirt to him. The last time my credit card needed updating NFL Auctions sent me a reminder.

I think something is extremely fishy here. I watched the auction end and was informed I won the item and to see it offered at a lower price than my final bid seems very weird. If they were able to contact the under bidder and offered the shirt to him why did they not contact me first and ask for updated credit card info? I am concerned that the auctions are now being altered in some way to favor certain bidders.

If anyone has had this happen please chime in.

Thanks
    Paul

Always buying 49er game worn items.
    garciajones@yahoo.com

Re: NFL Auctions bidding irregularities

Paul, sorry to hear you lost out on a jersey you won. This didn't happen to me directly but last month a forum member won a jersey on NFL Auctions. A couple of days later when I was looking through the listings I noticed the exact same jersey being auctioned again. I dropped the person a line notifying them in case they hadn't seen it. He was surprised and thanked me for letting him know. He said he sent NFL Auctions an email to see what happened but never heard back. In this case they didn't sell the jersey to the under bidder but just re-listed the jersey. He decided not to re-bid and I ended up winning the jersey. Not sure what happened in his case but it's pretty crappy if they don't notify you if it's something like your credit card being expired and give you time to correct the oversight.

Very strange. You should have an email notifying you that you won. If your cc was messed up you'd have an email stating that too (had it happen to me recently).

Try calling 212.450.2000 and ask for Peter Quaglierini, he's the NFL Auction Manager. I called with my issue and Peter returned my call promptly and took care of my needs quickly.

Sending an email through the NFL Auctions web form is useless.
    WTB -
    Rob Gronkowski GU / GI jerseys
    Patriots GU / GI red throwback or silver jerseys
    Jose Canseco A's GU jersey

If I'm not mistaken, I don't believe you can bid on an NFL auction without your credit card be valid in their system. A few months ago, I submitted a bid, but it wouldn't accept the bid until I updated my credit card.

BU54CB-I was able to bid during the auction as one of my earlier bids is recorded on the bid list. I only bid on the last day of the auction and my first bid was fine. I know it was because a friend outbid me and both he and NFL Auctions emailed me about it.

The entire situation is very strange and I plan on calling in the AM to get some clarification. Will let everyone know what transpires with the phone call

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by solarlottry View Post
    BU54CB-I was able to bid during the auction as one of my earlier bids is recorded on the bid list. I only bid on the last day of the auction and my first bid was fine. I know it was because a friend outbid me and both he and NFL Auctions emailed me about it.

The entire situation is very strange and I plan on calling in the AM to get some clarification. Will let everyone know what transpires with the phone call

Paul
    I agree, I think it's strange too, please keep us all posted on the outcome.