Chiming in here, one and all....I've been battling the flu for several days.

The size 50 jersey bears a Cubs "extra jersey" tag in the collar that is fully legitimate...size, year and set, but o uniform number. My belief is that is made for the Crime Dog, worn a handful of times, and subsequently not worn by him.

As far as Cubs collar tagging styles go, there is the one on the McGriff being discussed (3 IDs), the standard Majestic strip tag with 4 ID (the first of which was a uniform number), and occasional tagless versions such as the one in the Huggins & Scott auction, issued to midseason newcomers, of which McGriff was one

The 2000 Cubs gamers used the same ID sequences, but a different embroidery font, as the 2000 unies were subcontracted to Wilson, who used their tagging font. These, being subcontracted to Wilson, also do not have the interior 0062 tag, as both McGriffs do. Finally, 46 and 50 are both team only sizes, not sold via retail means.

Finally, I'm confident enough in the jersey that, if the winning bidder is unsatisfied, I will but the jersey from them at their cost. This is not a normal procedure of mine, but, I will go one step further in this instance.

Any more question? Just post 'em, and I'll try to answer 'em.

Dave Miedema